Once your new Shape has been created, before publishing it you can edit it to shape hyper-personalized content that best fits your needs.
Thanks to a great number of customization options, you are able to manage and personalize each scene composing your video content, but also to change the theme, choose the soundtrack you prefer and translate your Shape into languages other than English.
This article is a guide on how to manage and edit the Shapes you created using the platform’s built-in editor. Once you have customized your Shape according to your needs and you are ready to publish and share it, refer to this article.
Editing Your Shape
If you have just created the Shape, you can open it directly from the notification informing you that your content is ready. Click on the Edit Shape button in the preview window to access the built-in editor.
You can always find your Shape in the homepage. From there, click on its card to access the editor. In the next chapters, we will go through all of the customization options, one by one.
Once you are on your Shape’s editor page, you will find a great number of options to fully personalize the scenes composing your video content.
First of all, you can edit the title of your Shape by typing it in the text box in the top left corner of the page.
Then, select a scene to preview it in the middle of the page, where you will find a number of customization options:
- Choose the scene’s layout. Use the Layout dropdown in the top left corner of the page and choose the layout that you prefer: text on the left or on the right of the scene, or over the background. Remember that you cannot change the layout of the first scene, the cover.
- Change the scene’s position. Use the dropdown above the top left corner of the scene to change its position in the Shape. Remember that you cannot change the position of the first scene, the cover.
- Change the scene’s duration. Edit the number of seconds in the dropdown above the top left corner of the scene to change its duration (how long it will be displayed in the video)
- Delete the scene. Click on the trash can icon above the right corner of the scene that you want to delete, then confirm your action with the Delete button
- Change the scene’s background. Click on the pen icon on the right corner of the background image. The Media Library panel will open, where you can search for and choose the image or video that best fits the scene. You can also upload images and videos from your device. Find all of the information you need on the media library in the chapter below in this article.
- Edit text. Select the text on the scene to open the text editor. You can type new text, change the existing one, apply bold formatting and choose the position of the text on the slide among nine different positions.
In the sidebar on the left of the page, all of the scenes are displayed and ordered vertically. From the sidebar, you can perform the following actions:
- Add a new scene. Click on the plus button between two scenes. You can create two different types of scenes: Classic and Quiz.
- Classic scene: it is a slide with text in the foreground or on one side and a media asset (image or video) in the background. Once added a new scene, you can edit the text and change the scene’s duration, background and layout (refer to the options above in this chapter for more details).
- Quiz scene: it is a slide with one question and some answer options. You can choose among three types of quiz scene: Multiple Choice, Multiple Response, and Fill in the Blank. Click on Scene Settings in the top left corner of the page to choose the type you need. In the Scene Settings panel that opens, use the dropdown to select the type. Your choice will be immediately reflected on the scene’s preview in the middle of the page. Now you can type the question title and the text of the options. To add another answer option, click on Add option. You can drag and drop the options to order them as desired, and delete options using the x icon at the right end of the option’s row. Select the answer (or answers for the multiple response type) to mark it as the correct one. For the Fill in the Blank type, type your text in the text box, add blanks where needed and write one or more options that learners will use to complete the sentences. Please note that you can add a maximum of 10 options for each blank, and that the answers that your learners will give are not case-sensitive, so capitals and lower-case won’t make any difference. When the learners who will play your Shape find a quiz scene, they will need to select the correct answer(s) or fill in the blanks, then press the Submit button.
- Delete a scene. Click on the trash can icon on the left corner of the scene that you want to delete, then confirm your action with the Delete button
- Change the scene’s position. Use the cross icon on the right corner of a scene to drag and drop it in the list, so that you can sort the scenes according to your needs.
Managing the Media Library
When you need to edit the background of a scene, access the media library by clicking on the pen icon on the right corner of the scene’s preview in the middle of the page. Browse the assets uploaded by you in the My Library tab, and the ones included in Shape’s content library in the Shape Library tab. When you have found the background that you want to apply, hover your mouse over the asset, then click on Apply.
You also have the possibility to upload a new asset or to explore Shape’s Library. To do so, select the button at the bottom of the panel.
Please note: refer to the list of the file types supported when uploading an image or a video to the media library
On the page that opens, in the My Library tab, you can filter for images or videos, search for an asset, and upload a new asset by clicking the Upload button or by dragging and dropping it anywhere on the page. Once uploaded your asset, you will find it among the images or videos on the page. To delete one on more assets, select them by clicking on the top right corner of the asset, then click on the trash can icon in the bar above the All Images/All Videos area. Please note that if you delete an asset used in a Shape that has already been published, it will be removed from the library, but not from the published content.
When you have decided which asset you want to use for the scene background, open the asset page by selecting the asset, then select the Use Image (or Use Video) button. As an alternative, select the asset by clicking on the top left corner of its card, then click Apply at the bottom of the page.
From the asset page, you can also add or edit tags that categorize the asset. If you click on a tag, it will be added to the search bar to find all of the assets related to it.
Switch to the Shape Library tab to explore the library including 500,000 images and 900,000 videos, all available for you to use for your learning pills. You can filter the assets (images or videos) shown on the page using the filters in the sidebar on the left of the page.
Shape’s AI may find the assets which are suitable for your scene and show them in the Recommended Media area right on the top of the page, and then list all of the other images or videos below.
Select an asset to open its page, where Shape’s Artificial Intelligence will suggest similar images or videos and list related tags. Click on the Use Image (or Use Video) button to use it for the background of the scene you are editing. To choose the asset to use from the Shape Library tab, you can also select the asset by clicking on the top left corner of its card, then clicking Apply at the bottom of the page.
Creating and Using Themes
In your Shape platform, you can customize the style of your content by creating and managing themes for your presentation. For any further information on how to create and customize your new theme, please refer to this article.
To choose a theme for your Shape, from the editor, click on the Themes button in the bar on the right side of the page. In the right panel that opens, you will view the current theme, and below the predefined themes already available in Shape, as well as the ones created by you, your Admin and other users in your Organization. When you select a theme’s card, your choice is applied in real-time to your presentation.
If you want to view all of the themes available, select the Expand button at the bottom of the right panel. You will access the Themes tab, a gallery listing all of the pre-built themes, as well as the themes you have already created in your platform. Select the theme you want to use for your Shape, then press the Apply button. Once you have changed the theme, you can exit the tab to come back to the Shape editor to see how the theme you just selected looks like, or you can also Preview the Shape.
Managing Audio Files
If you want to manage the background music for your Shape presentation, from the editor, click on the Audio button in the bar on the right side of the page. Browse the audio files uploaded by you in the My Audio tab, and the ones included in Shape’s audio library in the Shape Audio tab. Click on the play icon to listen to the sound clips, and when you find the background music that you want to apply, select the checkbox on the right of its title. Your choice is applied in real-time to your presentation. Preview your Shape to check the outcome.
You also have the possibility to upload a new audio file or to explore Shape’s audio library. To do so, select the button at the bottom of the panel. On the page that opens, in the My Audio tab, you can view the list of all of the audio files you uploaded, and upload a new one by clicking the Upload button or by dragging and dropping the file anywhere on the page.
Once uploaded your file, you will find it among the sound clips listed on the page. To delete one on more audio files, select them using the checkbox at the end of the row, then click on the trash can icon in the top bar. If you want to view the details of the file, edit its title or tags, click on the title or on the ellipsis icon at the end of the row, then select Audio Details.
Switch to the Shape Audio tab to find all the info you need on the files offered by Shape’s audio library. You will find advanced filters capabilities: from the filters panel you can choose the instrument, mood and genre you prefer.
Once you have found the perfect background music for your Shape, select the desired file then click Apply at the bottom of the page.
If you want to translate your learning pill into languages other than English (remember that Shape’s Artificial Intelligence works only with English sources), from the editor, click on the Translations button in the bar on the right side of the page.
In the Translations panel that opens, click the + Language button to add a new language. For the moment, the languages available are: Italian, German, French and Spanish.
Once you add a language, all of the texts within your Shape are translated right away. Click on the Edit button to read and check the translations for the title and each scene. If needed, you can edit the translations or apply bold formatting.
From the ellipsis icon, you can Preview, Update (when changes have been made to the Shape in English after you added the translation) and also Delete the selected language.
Then, when you publish the Shape, its texts will be available in all of the languages you have added.