Once your new Shape has been created, and you have finished editing your project customizing the Shape to best fit your needs, you are ready to publish your learning content pill, and to share it with other people.
This article is a guide on how to publish and then share your Shape.
Publishing Your Shape
To publish your Shape, access the editor by clicking on the card of your Shape from the homepage, then press the Publish button in the top right corner of the editor page.
Provide a short description for your learning pill, then select an option for Learner Access Control. This will affect the sharing of your Shape via link (see following section for more details on sharing). You can allow anonymous views or require viewers to enter their email address. If you choose the latter, you can optionally also restrict access to one or more specific domains.
Then select if the player navigation will be enabled or not. If you flag the Disable player navigation option, learners will not be able to press the forward and backward navigation buttons.
Confirm your action with the Publish button. Congratulations, your Shape has been published!
In the next window, choose whether you want to display an overlay showing the title and the duration of your Shape.
Next, you can set the default language in which your Shape will be played. In the Default Language dropdown menu, you will find the languages in which the Shape was translated.
Press Next to proceed. Now it’s time to share your creation!
Sharing Your Shape
You can share your Shape from the modal that opens after the publication, or by pressing the Share button in the top right corner of the editor page.
You can choose among three different sharing options:
- Embed. Select this icon to be provided with the project’s URL, or the embed code to insert as an iframe into an external webpage. Press Copy to copy the link or the code to the clipboard, so that you can easily paste it where you need. When you share a Shape with this option, depending on the Learner Access Control option you chose when publishing the Shape, users will be able to view it anonymously or will have to provide and validate their email addresses through a verification code automatically sent by the system. The email address must be provided and verified once per user, only for the first viewed Shape.
- Download. Select this icon and press Download. A Tin Can package will be downloaded to your device. Irrespective of your Learner Access Control choice, if the Shape is then uploaded to an LMS platform with a valid TinCan player, the users viewing the Shape will not need to provide their email addresses. If the Shape is uploaded as a generic zip package without a valid TinCan player, the viewers will be prompted to provide their email addresses.
- Docebo. You will be able to choose this sharing option only if your Admin has integrated Shape with Docebo. Learn more about this sharing option in the following chapter.
Sharing Shapes on Docebo
If your Shape instance is integrated with Docebo, then you can share your Shapes either as training material or as Discover, Coach & Share assets. Select the Docebo option as described in the Sharing Your Shape chapter of this article, provide your username and password for the learning platform and authorize Shape to access your account and publish the content.
When sharing a Shape through the Docebo option, irrespective of your Learner Access Control choice, the users of the Docebo platform will not need to provide their email address, as they are already registered as platform users.
After authentication, select whether to share your Shape as:
- Training Material: use this option to share your Shape as training material in the Central Repository of the integrated Docebo platform. This option is visible only if you are a Docebo Superadmin.
- Asset: this option is visible only if the Discover, Coach&Share module is active in your Docebo platform. By default, no channel is selected and your Shape is shared as private content in My Channel. Click Edit to select the channels for sharing. Start typing the name of the channels, select among those proposed and click Add. You are allowed to share the Shape only on the channels for which you have visibility permissions.
Click on Share to finalize the process.
If none of the above options is available, contact your Shape administrator.
With Shape, you can distribute different versions of the same content, maintaining control of each version.
If you need to update a Shape you have already published, once you have finished editing it, when you click on the Publish button to publish the updated Shape, you will be asked if you want to create a new version, or if you want to override the current version.
If you choose to override the current version, any Shapes you have shared in this version will automatically be updated and you will not need to share them again.
Please note that, if you wish to change the Learner Access Control option, you cannot override the current version but need to publish a new version instead.
Best Practice Tip: for optimal performance, do not exceed 20 versions of the same Shape. If you need to create more versions, we suggest you create a new Shape by duplicating the existing one.