DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article outlines how to use functionalities that will be publicly released to all clients at the end of February 2023. If you see differences between this article and your platform, check back at that time for updated content.
In your platform, you can quickly and easily check course progress and statistics as a Superadmin, Instructor, or Power User (if given permission from the Superadmin). This article outlines how to access and manage the course report.
To access a course report, log into your Docebo platform as a Superadmin, Instructor, or Power User. Then, press the Menu item in the left sidebar and select the My Courses and Learning Plans item from the slide-out menu. Here, select a course. Once you're on the course page, click on the ellipsis menu in the top right corner of the page, then select the Reports item.
You can also access the Course Report from the Course Management area, by selecting a course and moving to the Reports tab.
Once you've reached the course report, you will see a number of statistics at the top of the page:
- The total number of enrolled users
- The number of users who have completed the course, are still in progress or have yet to begin the course
- The number of days since the course's launch.
- The number of training materials in the course.
The Training Material View Statistics graph displays the number of users that have viewed the training materials in the course during the last 14 days. Underneath the graph, you will find a list displaying user statistics, training material statistics, and learner assignments information. Let's take a look at the information in each tab.
User Statistics Tab
The User Statistics tab shows a list of all of the users enrolled in the course. In the search bar on the top of the list, you can use the Export dropdown menu to Export a list of the enrolled users via CSV or Excel or search for a specific user in the course.
Here follow the details available in each row:
- Username - username of the user enrolled in the course
- Enrollment date - Date when the user enrolled in the course
- First access date - Date and time that the user first accessed the course
- Completion date - Date and time when the user completed the course
- Last access date - Date and time when the user last accessed the course
- Progress - User progress in the course, in percentage
- Training material time – The total time spent by the learner on the training materials composing the course (both on desktop and mobile) since enrollment. The total time is recalculated every day at 0:00 UTC time. Please note that the time is calculated on the actual time the user spends in the course, removing breaks caused by inactivity also due to pop-up blockers and tab closing.
- Session time – The total time spent by the learner on the attended session events composing the course (for ILT - Instructor-Led Training course type)
- Status - The user's current status in the course. Possible values are: Not Yet Started, In Progress, or Completed
- Score - The course score calculated on the basis of tests, assignments, or any other training material associated with a score. The details about the score associated with every training material included in the course are available in the user summary report, which you can access by clicking on the username in the user's row. The score is calculated according to the settings defined in the course Advanced Properties, Score tab.
Click on the username in the user's row, to view the user's report for the selected course. The report displays a graph and a timeline for the user's course accesses and lists all of the of training materials associated with the course. Each training material's row displays the title as well as the learner's first and last attempt, first and last completion date, training material version, status, reset, and score.
Training Material Statistics Tab (UPDATED!)
The Training Material Statistics tab lists all of the training materials included in the course. In the search bar on the top of the list, you can use the Export dropdown menu to Export a list of the course training materials via CSV or Excel or search for specific training materials.
Every row in the list shows the title of a training material, as well as its status (the number of users that have completed the training material, that are in progress, or that have to begin the training material) and the average score of the training material, if applicable.
Click on the title of a training material to access its statistics data, listing all of the users who have viewed the training material. The user’s details displayed in this area depend on the type of training material.
When accessing the statistics of a test training material, only the data of the last test attempt is displayed by default. Uncheck the Show the latest test attempts checkbox to view all of the attempts of the user for the test. The Passed or Failed column shows if each attempt was passed or failed. Please note that if you reset the tracking of the test training material, the history of attempts will be lost.
When using the export functionality while on the training material statistics page, only the data of the selected training material is exported. If the Show the latest test attempts checkbox is unchecked, the export will include the data about all of the user test attempts.
Learner Assignments Tab
The Learner Assignments
tab shows the list of the assignments that users have submitted for the selected course. Each row for every assignment displays the username and the full name of the user, the name of the assignment training material, the date and time of the submission, the status, score, and the option to view or evaluate it. Learn more about assignments and how to evaluate them
Exporting the Course Report
You can export the course report in CSV and in Excel format. To do so, move to the Export as area, select the export format from the dropdown window and click on the arrow button. Once the export is completed, you will be able to download it on your device.
When exporting the course report, please note that data concerning SCORM, AICC, and Test training materials are always exported while the export procedure does not support other training material types, and thus data will be set to zero.
SCORM Tracking and CMI
If your SCORM training material includes a quiz or questions, you will be able to analyze the results using by accessing the User Statistics tab within the course report. In the tab, you can find the list of all the users enrolled in the course. Select a username to view the user's activities within the course.
Once you're redirected to this page, select the SCORM training material in the list. The platform will then show you the CMI, which includes all of the activities completed by the user within the selected training material. The CMI is divided into two sections:
- Attempt Details. Shows all of the questions included in the SCORM training material, along with the answers provided by the user, specifying the correct and incorrect answers.
- Advanced Statistics. Extrapolates generic information about the activities made by the user.
You can also extrapolate quantitative data by selecting the Training Material Statistics
tab and clicking on the SCORM training material that you would like to analyze (see the related section above for more information). When you select the Answers Breakdown
button, the platform will show you how many users provided a specific answer to a specific question. You can export, save, and print this data. using the Export
dropdown menu in the search bar.