Docebo Learning Impact allows Superadmins and Power Users to enable ready-to-use questionnaires (called Learning Impact questionnaires in your platform and in this article) for individual courses in your platform, so that they can either be sent to learners via email or in-platform notifications when they complete a course or set as training material in courses, in order to measure the learning impact of the training. Questionnaires are diversified according to the course or session type: E-Learning, ILT and VILT sessions. The questionnaire results are then turned into easy-to-read reports that are accessible directly in the platform.
This article will guide you through the configuration of initial Learning Impact questionnaires as xAPI (formerly Tin Can API) training material for e-learning courses.
Requirements & Limitations
When setting up initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material in Docebo Learn, please remember that:
- Initial Learning Impact questionnaires are assigned to courses as xAPI (formerly Tin Can API) training material
- This option is available for e-learning courses and it is not available for ILT (Instructor-Led Training) courses
- You can set initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material only for the courses where learning impact is enabled, as described in the article Enabling and Managing the Learning Impact Measurement for Courses.
- You cannot set follow-up questionnaires as training material
- the management of initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material in the Central Repository of Docebo Learn is not supported
- If you are working on a sandbox environment with a subdomain or a custom domain, the use of initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material is not supported
Setting Up Questionnaires as Training Material
Here are the steps to configure initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material for e-learning courses.
1. Add the Questionnaire as Training Material
Add the questionnaire as training material of the e-learning course as described in the Knowledge Base article on xAPI content. Make sure you select the From URL option and choose the URL of the questionnaire. If you cannot find the URL in the list of the available ones, you can recover it as described in Step 3.
Once you have selected the Learning Impact URL and saved the course, remember that it will only be available after the synchronization, approximately 2 hours later.
If the URL of your questionnaire is not displayed, it might be because you need to enable the option Add an extended list of parameters to xAPI (TinCan) launch URL. To do so, access the Admin Menu and reach the Advanced Settings item from the Settings section. Then, go to the Advanced tab and reach the xAPI/TinCan section. Make sure the option Add an extended list of parameters to xAPI (Tin Can) launch URL is enabled.
2. Configure the Settings of the Training Material
As the Learning Impact initial questionnaire becomes a training material, you can take advantage of the settings and prerequisites of any Docebo Learn training material, such as making it mandatory or a prerequisite to complete other training materials or to obtain a certificate or a certification.
In order to get the best out of the questionnaire experience, we strongly recommend you:
- Set the questionnaire as the last training material in the course
- Set the training material view mode to either Inline or Lightbox
- Set the course navigation policy as Final Training Material Locked, so that learners must complete all of the training materials in the course in order to unlock the questionnaire, which should be made a required item for completion credit
3. Recovering the Learning Impact xAPI Link in Docebo Learn
If you need to recover the Learning Impact xAPI link, log in to your Docebo Learning Impact external platform, click on Accounts Parameters and select the Docebo Integration option.
In the xAPI box, first click on Generate my X-API Link, and then on Copy to Clipboard to copy the link.
Move now to your Docebo Learn platform, access the Admin Menu, then select the Advanced Settings option from the Settings section. Then, access the E-Learning tab.
Paste the xAPI link in the text field of the xAPI (Tin Can) External Content section and confirm by clicking Add.
If you do not have access to the Docebo Learning Impact platform, this step must be performed by a Solution Deployment Manager.
Learn more about the Docebo Learning Impact external platform.