As a manager, you can monitor the activity of your team members directly in your platform by managing parts of their learning experience or contacting them to investigate certain situations.
Depending on the platform settings, you may be able to build your team by sending requests to users to confirm you as their manager. Users will be added to your team only when they accept your request for the association.
The My Team Page
If you are managing at least one user in the platform, open the Main Menu from the top left corner of your platform and click on My Team to access the My Team page that you can use to monitor and manage your team.
The My Team page is made up of the following tabs:
- Team Members. The Team Members tab offers an overview of your team. Learn more on managing your team members.
- Skills Overview. The Skills Overview tab lists the skills available in your team and provides an overview of the available content, levels, and improvements. If no user in your team has selected at least one skill, this tab will not appear.
- Checklists. The Checklist tab lists the checklists relating to your team members. Learn more on how to manage checklists as a manager.
- Reports. Use the Reports tab to download reports about courses, users, learning plans, certifications and sessions involving your team members (find out more on the Reports tab).
This article concentrates on the Skills Overview tab.
My Team Page: Skills Overview
The Skills Overview tab lists the skills available in your team (not including the team members of your direct reports) and provides an overview of the available content, levels, and improvements.
Please note: The Skills Overview tab is only visible if the Enable Skills Overview and Skills Dashboard option is activated in the Advanced Settings menu of the platform. Contact your Administrator for further details.
The top area of the tab provides statistic data:
- Top Selected Skills: this area shows an overview of the five skills more frequently selected in your team. Click on More Details to see them sorted according to the number of users selecting them, and to access the Skills in My Team page.
- Available Content for the Top 5 Skills: this area lists the content available in your platform for the skills selected by your team members. When the available content is not enough to support the growth of your team, a warning message is displayed in this area. Learn more on how to associate skills with content.
- Top Skills to Improve: this area lists the skills where the level of your team members is set to Beginner. Click on More Details to see the complete list of skills, and access the Skills in My Team page to suggest to your beginner users some content to improve their level.
The Skills in My Team section shows an overview of the skills selected by your team members, sorted by the number of selections. Click on See All Skills to access the Skills in My Team Page.
The Content for Skills Improvement section shows the content available in the platform for the skills selected by your team members and highlights the consumed content. This chart gives you a clear indication of the content consumption over the last 12 months.
The Most Committed Users in the Last 30 Days section ranks the users who have completed more courses related to their skills in the last 30 days. This section will only be displayed if at least one skill-related course has been completed.
Finally, you can see the latest updates in the Recently Updated section.
The Skills in My Team Page
You can access the Skills in My Team page either from the Top Selected Skills or from the Top Skills to Improve sections, as described in the My Team Page: Skills Overview chapter of this article.
The Skills in My Team page shows the list of the skills associated to your team members, the number of your associated team members, available content, completed content and average level. Click on the column headers to sort them from highest to lower level, or vice versa.
Click on the skill name to access a dashboard dedicated to the skill, so that you can have more details on:
- the skill level distribution in your team
- the history of skill level changes over the last year
- the users assigned to the skill
- the available content for the skill.
Please note that you as a manager will only see the content you have visibility on, so it is possible that your users have access to more pieces of content than what you see in this page.