Docebo Learning Impact allows Superadmins and Power Users to enable ready-to-use questionnaires (called Learning Impact questionnaires in your platform and in this article) for individual courses in your platform. The questionnaires are either sent to learners via email or in-platform notifications when they complete a course or set as training material in courses, in order to measure the learning impact of the training.
Questionnaires are diversified according to the course or session type: E-Learning, ILT (Instructor-Led Training)and VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training ) sessions. The questionnaire results are then turned into easy-to-read reports that are accessible directly in the Learn platform.
For ILT and VILT courses, the use of QR code is also available for making the initial questionnaire available. After completing a session, learners can scan a QR code to sign the Attendance sheet and to complete the initial evaluation questionnaire.
To activate QR codes and make them available for all your ILT/VILT courses please contact Docebo using your platform’s Help Center. You can use QR codes for accessing initial questionnaires only or, as an option for marking attendance and accessing questionnaires.
This article guides you through the use of QR codes by administrators, instructors and learners.
In some industries, learners might not have an email address to access a digital evaluation questionnaire. QR codes can be useful to let learners access attendance sheets and questionnaires from their own device.
Using QR codes for administrators
As a platform Superadmin or Power User (with the given permissions), you can easily retrieve the QR codes used for a session. Go to the Learning Impact external platform and follow these steps:
- Go to the View evaluations tab and select Recent sessions.
- On the Recent sessions page, select all the sessions for which you wish to retrieve a QR code by clicking on the checkbox next to the Training name.
- When you select a row, a QR code icon appears at the top of the table. Click on the QR code icon when your selection is complete. The QR codes used for the sessions will be displayed.
- Click on the link under the QR code of a session to access the Attendance sheet.
- Click on the print icon on top of the page to print the Attendance sheet.
When using QR codes to mark attendance, you can retrieve the data from the Attendance sheet by going to the Analysis & Monitoring tab and selecting the Timesheet report.
On the Attendance sheet report main page, you can search for attendance sheets by participant or by training from the first dropdown menu. Continue your selection and press Search.
When you search by participant, the results will show all the events attended by this participant with the details and the signature of the participant.
When you search by training session, the results will show the session’s events with the names and details of the session’s events signed by the participants and the participants’ names and signatures.
Using QR codes for instructors
QR codes can be used to mark attendance for ILT and VILT courses and access the initial learning evaluation questionnaire. When QR codes for learning evaluation are enabled for a course, as an instructor of the course, you will receive an email with two QR codes.
QR codes displayed to the learners
Learners can scan the QR code and access the Attendance sheet. For classroom courses, print out a hard copy of the QR code and display it to the course participants so they can scan it with the device of their choice. For webinars, you can display the QR code on the screen so that learners can scan it or click on the link below the QR code.
QR codes for instructors
Scan the QR code to access the Attendance sheet with the data entered by learners. The Attendance sheet with the participants list will be displayed. The list of participants includes the following information:
- Name of participant
- Events attended by each participant with date, time, and duration of each event
- Whether the learned has signed the attendance sheet
To validate the Attendance sheet, follow these steps:
- Check that all the information is correct
- Add a comment in the comment box if needed
- Go to the Sign-on section and flag the confirmation checkbox. Then, add your signature in the signature box. If you need to correct your signature once you have entered it, press the Reset button to delete the signature and enter it again. Finally, press Send to confirm the operation.
Using QR Codes for learners
As a learner, you can scan the QR code displayed during a session to access the Attendance sheet and the initial evaluation questionnaire.
Please note: After signing the Attendance sheet, you will only be redirected to the initial evaluation questionnaire when you have sent your signature for the last event of the session.
Using the QR code to sign the Attendances sheet
To sign the Attendance sheet, follow these steps:
- Scan the QR code from your preferred device.
- In the My information section, select your name from the dropdown menu.
- If you cannot find your name in the dropdown menu, click on New participant and enter your First name, Last name and email address
- Select the confirmation checkbox and press Send
- On the next page, select the checkboxes corresponding to the attended events
- Add your signature in the signature box. If you need to correct your signature once you have entered it, press the Reset button to delete the signature and enter it again.
- Finally, press Send to confirm the operation.
After you sign the last event of the session, you will be redirected to the initial evaluation questionnaire. Complete the questionnaire and press Submit questionnaire. Learn more on how to complete an evaluation questionnaire as a learner.