Docebo Learning Impact allows Superadmins and Power Users to enable ready-to-use surveys for individual courses in your platform, so that they will be sent to learners when they complete a course, in order to measure the learning impact of the training.
As of April 27, 2021, Docebo Learning Impact is a fully integrated app within Docebo Learn. You can activate learning measurement at course level, send surveys and check consolidated reports. Refer to this article of the Knowledge Base for more details about the Learning Impact app embedded in Docebo Learn.
Some additional features are also available for learning measurement. To access and manage them, you currently need to access the Learning Impact external platform.
Learning Impact surveys are usually sent by email to learners. Refer to this article of the Knowledge Base for more details about the rules for sending learning impact evaluation emails.
For ILT and VILT courses, you can also choose to use QR codes. When learners scan the QR code at the end of the session this will give them direct access to the initial evaluation survey. In addition, you can give learners access to the attendance sheet from the QR code.
The use of QR codes can be activated by your Solution Deployment Manager and will be available for all your ILT/VILT sessions.You can choose to use QR codes for accessing surveys only or, as an option for marking attendance and accessing surveys.
This article goes through how QR codes can be used by instructors, Admins and learners in marking attendance for ILT and VILT courses and accessing the initial evaluation survey.
In some industries, learners might not have an email address to access a digital evaluation survey. QR codes can be useful to let learners access attendance sheets and surveys from their own device.
Using QR Codes for Admins
As a platform Admin, you can easily retrieve the QR codes used for a training session. On the Learning Impact External Platform, go to the View Evaluations tab and select Recent Sessions. On the Recent Sessions page, select all the sessions for which you wish to retrieve a QR code by clicking on the checkbox next to the Training Name. As soon as one row is selected, a QR code icon appears at the top of the table. Click on the QR code icon when your selection is complete. The QR codes used for the session will be displayed. Click on the print icon on top of the page to print the QR codes.
When you are using QR codes to mark attendance, you can retrieve the data from the attendance sheet by going to the Analysis & Monitoring tab and selecting the Timesheet report.
On the Attendance sheet report main page, select if you want to search for attendance sheets by participant or by training from the first dropdown menu. Then, make your selection from the dropdown menus that appear below and press Search.
When you search by participant, the results will show all the sessions attended by this participant with session details and signature of the participant.
When you search by training session, the results will show the details of the session with all the participants’ names and signatures.
Using QR Codes for Instructors
QR codes can be used to mark attendance for ILT and VILT courses and access the initial learning evaluation survey. When learning evaluation is enabled for a course, as an instructor of the course, you will receive an email with two QR codes.
- One of the QR codes is displayed to the learners. They can scan it and access the attendance sheet. For classroom courses, print out a hard copy of the QR code and display it to the course participants so they can scan it with the device of their choice. For webinars, you can display the QR code on the screen so that learners can scan it or click on the link below the QR code.
- One of the QR codes is for you, the instructor. Scan the QR code to access the attendance sheet with the data entered by learners. The attendance sheet includes the following columns :
- Participant’s name. Name of the learner who signed the attendance sheet.
- Presence Date. This indicates the date and time at which the participant has signed the attendance sheet. When training lasts for the entire day, you will see two signatures, one for the morning and one for the afternoon.
- Signature. Signature of the learner.
- Training Name. Title of the course attended by the learner.
- Date. Date of the course.
When all learners in the course have signed the attendance sheet, check that all the information is correct, then add a comment in the comment box if needed. Go to the Sign-on section and flag the confirmation checkbox. Then, add your signature in the signature box. If you need to correct your signature once you have entered it, press on the Reset button to delete the signature and enter it again. Finally, press Send to confirm the operation.
Using QR Codes for Learners
As a learner, you can scan the QR code displayed during a training session to access the attendance sheet and the initial evaluation survey.
Using the QR to Sign the Attendance Sheet
Scan the QR code from your preferred device. In the My Information section, select your name from the dropdown menu. If you cannot find your name in the dropdown menu, click on New Participant and enter your First Name, Last Name and email address. Flag the checkbox I accept my data being used for this process and press Send.
On the next page, Flag the checkboxes corresponding to the half days attended.
Please note that each checkbox represents half a day (morning or afternoon). If you attended a training session for the entire day, make sure you flag two checkboxes corresponding to that day.
Note: when selecting dates, you will only be able to select the dates following your registration to the training session. For example:
- for a session running from September 1 to September 10 and for which you have been registered on September 1 you will be able to select the dates from September 1 to September 10.
- for a session running from September 1 to September 10 and for which you have been registered on September 5 you will be able to select the dates from September 5 to September 10. You will not be able to select the dates prior to September 5.
Then, add your signature in the signature box. If you need to correct your signature once you have entered it, press on the Reset button to delete the signature and enter it again. Finally, press Send to confirm the operation.
After you press Send, you will be redirected directly to the initial evaluation survey. Complete the survey and press Submit.