DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article outlines how to use functionalities that will be publicly released to all clients at the end of December 2022. If you see differences between this article and your platform, check back at that time for updated content.
Most E-Learning Platforms are developed to boost formal, structured learning, but Docebo Discover, Coach & Share allows you to implement the informal learning approach into your company’s holistic learning plan. For an overview of Discover, Coach & Share, refer to the Discover, Coach & Share section of the Knowledge Base. This article covers how to configure Coach & Share settings as the platform Superadmin.
Discover, Coach & Share Settings
To manage your Discover, Coach & Share settings, access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of the platform, then in the Discover, Coach & Share section, select the Discover, Coach & Share Settings option.
On this page, you can enable or disable the following options:
- Asset Downloading. When this option is enabled, users can download an asset’s source file for any assets that are uploaded into the platform. Users cannot download any linked assets, as they are embedded into the platform. This option is enabled by default. Moreover, you as a Superadmin will also find this setting when editing the assets published by your users. From the asset’s edit page, you can flag the option to allow users to download the file of that specific asset, or unflag it so that they cannot download it. Users won’t see this option on the edit page of the assets they uploaded.
- Answer Settings. When this option is enabled, other users can answer learners' questions along with assigned experts. Question visibility restrictions apply, meaning that a user can only answer questions from channels to which they have visibility or from courses in which the user is enrolled. This option is enabled by default. Moreover, you as a Superadmin or the channel’s expert will also find this setting when editing the assets published by your users. From the asset’s edit page, you can flag or unflag the option to disable and hide questions & answers and comments related to that specific asset. Users won’t see this option on the edit page of the assets they uploaded.
- Mention Settings: When this option is enabled it is possible for users to mention other users, channels or assets in comments and in question and answers. Specifically, users have the possibility to mention only users who have visibility on the content they are commenting on or for which questions or answers are being written. Remember that this option is enabled by default, but you can always disable it by unflagging the checkbox related to it. When users are mentioned they are notified. Learn more about Notifications.
- Ask the Expert. When this option is enabled, users must select a channel when asking questions to experts. This means that the Do not assign to any channel option will be removed from the corresponding dropdown menu when users are creating a question to ask to experts. This option is disabled by default, unless the Extended Enterprise app is active in your platform, and cannot be disabled in this case, in order to prevent questions to be raised and managed across domains.
- Sharing Permissions. You as the Superadmin can configure the sharing options which are available to the user. You can choose between four options:
- the user can share content with both channels and other people;
- the user can share content with channels only;
- the user can share content with channels and people belonging to the same branches;
- the user can share content with channels and people belonging to the same branches and sub-branches.
If the Extended Enterprise app is enabled in the platform, only the two following options are available:
- the user can share content only with channels;
- the user can share content with channels and people belonging to the same subdomain.
Please note: these sharing options also apply to the Invite to Watch functionality for playlists.
- Playlist Visibility. This option is enabled by default. If you disable it, users creating new playlists will not be allowed to publish them in channels, but only to invite people to watch them.
Configuring the Invite to Watch Functionality
After uploading contributions in the platform, users can invite other people or channels to watch what they have uploaded, in order to promote their content.
Invitations can be sent only to users having visibility on the channel where the asset is uploaded. The users invited to watch the contribution will receive the New to Watch Invitation notification via email, Slack or in the Notification Center, depending on the notification settings in the Notifications App. Remember to configure this notification when setting up Discover, Coach & Share, or users will not receive their invitations.
Remember that invitations are restricted to the users who have visibility on the channel where the asset will be published.
Note on the Text Editor
The text editor embedded in the platform and used for the management of questions, answers and comments is Froala. Refer to the Froala Knowledge Base for further information on its usage.
Also remind that the rendering of the output of WYSIWYG editors may be slightly different from the input, depending on the CSS rules applied.
If you want your users and managers to immediately know when certain events have occurred, make sure that the Notifications app is active in your platform, and that you have correctly created and configured the following notifications:
For asset-related events:
|Asset Approved||Triggers when the asset (uploaded by the asset owner) is approved by one of the channel's experts during their peer review. The asset is published in the channel(s) in which the asset owner shared it.|
|Asset Rejected||Triggers when the asset (uploaded by the asset owner) is rejected by the channel's expert during their peer review. The asset cannot be published in the channel(s) in which the asset owner shared the asset.|
|Asset Upload Error||Triggers when there is an error while uploading the content that the asset owner is trying to upload using the Share Content functionality|
|Asset deleted by Contributor||Triggers when an owner deletes his or her own asset. If the asset was published in a channel that requires peer review, all experts of that channel will receive the notification.|
|New Asset to Review||Triggers when a new asset is ready to be published. The notification will be sent to the experts of the channel that need to review the asset.|
For question and answer-related events:
|Answer marked as Best Answer||Triggers when a user marks an answer as the best answer for a particular question. The owner of the answer will receive the notification.|
|Answer deleted by Superadmin||Triggers when a Superadmin deletes an answer. The owner of the answer will receive the notification.|
|New Question to Expert||Triggered when a user submitted a question assigned to a channel. The notification is sent to all experts of that channel.|
|New Answer for a Question||Triggered when a user or expert answers a question. This notification is sent to the owner of the question.|
For content-related events:
|New Content Shared with you||Triggers when a content has been shared by a user via the Shared Content functionality. The notification is sent to the user with whom the asset is shared.|
|New to Watch Invitation||Triggered when a user invites user(s) to watch the new content. This notification is sent to all invited users.|
|New Content Published||Triggered when an Expert or Superadmin uploads new content into a channel that requires peer review, then one of the experts of that channel reviews and publishes the content.|
|New Content Uploaded||Triggered when a user uploads and publishes new content in a channel that does not require peer review. If the channel has an expert (without peer review), the notification is sent to the expert.|
|New Peer Review||Triggered when the owner of the content, an expert, or a Superadmin upload a content requiring a peer review, regardless of whether the content is published or not. This notification is only triggered one time per day, regardless of the amount of peer review messages in a day. The notification is sent to the owner and all users (experts or Superadmins) involved in the peer review message.|
|New Tooltip Added||Triggered when the owner, Expert, or Superadmin adds a tooltip to content, regardless of whether the content is published or not. This notification is only triggered one time per day, regardless of the number of tooltips added in a day.|
|Your content is ready||Triggers when the asset owner is uploading a piece of content using the Share Content functionality, and the platform finishes uploading the content.|
For other events:
|You were mentioned (UPDATED!)||Triggers when a user has mentioned another user in a comment, question, or answer via the respective command @mentioned user. The notification is sent to the user who has been mentioned.|
|New Channel Assignment||Triggered when an expert is assigned to a channel. The notification is sent to the new expert.|
|Digest: Assets Marked as Outdated||Triggered when an asset is marked as outdated by a user. The owner of the content will receive the notification.|
|Digest: Courses Marked as Outdated||Triggered when a course is marked as outdated by a user. The platform administrator will receive the notification.|
Notifications for the Expert Peer Review Process
Experts who have to review an asset will receive a notification in the platform’s Notification area, and then peer review it, deciding whether to approve the asset, or to reject it. In both cases, the user who uploaded the asset receives a notification informing them about the approval or rejection of the asset they uploaded into the platform.
If you want your experts and users to immediately know when they need to review an asset or when their assets have been approved or rejected, make sure that the Notifications feature is active in your platform, and that you have correctly created and configured the following notifications:
- New Asset to Review: sent to the expert who needs to review the asset
- Asset Rejected: sent to the user when his or her asset has been rejected by the channel’s expert
- Asset Approved: sent to the user when his or her asset has been approved by the channel’s expert, and so it is published in the channel
Please Note: Experts and users will only receive notifications about their assets if the Notification feature is active in the platform and if you as the Superadmin have properly set up the notifications listed above.
Keep the following best practices in mind:
- If enabling users to answer questions, note that experts cannot delete user answers, but they can delete questions instead.
- Users should always select a channel when asking a question. This ensures that an expert is notified when a question is asked either via notifications or the task list widget.