Adyen has scheduled the End of Life date for the Hosted Payment Pages (HPP) support (opens in a new tab) on October 1, 2022. Find out more on the transition.
DISCLAIMER: Starting on May 25, 2022, the Merchant Reference code passed by Docebo to Adyen will be a unique numeric code identifying the transaction in the platform instead of the LMS Course Purchase fix string.
The Adyen payment gateway is an authorized payment gateway for the E-Commerce app on your platform. Please note that in order to use this system, you need a valid merchant account on Adyen.
Requirements & Limitations
- To use this integration, you need a valid merchant account on Adyen.
- Some currencies supported by Docebo may not be accepted by Stripe, so remember to check if your currency is supported by both systems before proceeding. Check out the complete list of the currencies supported by Docebo.
- When working with the Extended Enterprise, configure the settings of Adyen in the root domain. If some domains require a different configuration, apply the configuration locally, in the E-Commerce tab of the Extended Enterprise app.
Activating Adyen in Your Platform
Activate the Payment Method - Adyen app as described in the Managing Apps & Features article of the Knowledge Base. The app is listed in the Third Party Integrations tab.
Configuring Adyen in Docebo
In order to configure Adyen, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner and select the Manage option in the Payment Method - Adyen section. Activate the Enable Adyen payment gateway toggle to enable this payment gateway in your platform.
- Merchant Account. This field must be filled in with the account name provided by Adyen during the registration procedure.
- HMAC Key. This field must be filled in with the same HMAC key used during the creation of the Adyen skin that is associated with the account.
- Skin Code. This field must be filled in with the skin code of the skin created in the Adyen platform.
If you want to test the configuration before using the real environment, you can flag the option to enable Sandbox Mode. In the Single HPP Page section, enable the Single HPP Page option to allow the user to select between the ADYEN single payment page, which utilizes Java and Java scripts and may be incompatible with some browsers, and the multiple payment page, which is compatible with most browsers. Press Save Changes when finished.
Retrieving Your Credentials from Adyen
To retrieve the required credentials from Adyen for the configuration, you need to log in to your Adyen admin account and create a new skin. Then, add the following information:
- Description and the name of the project.
- Result URLs with the return URL of the platform (see more below)
- HMAC key. Choose a code or a word, which you will have to insert in the HMAC key field in Docebo as well.
When you are setting up the ADYEN skin, make sure to insert the return URL of the platform:
Note: you will need to substitute mydomain.com with your actual platform domain