As a Superadmin or as a Power User with given permissions you can manage the courses in your platform both individually and by taking advantage of mass actions in order to save time and reduce the risk of errors.
This article outlines all of the mass actions available in the Course Management area of your platform. Find out more on how to manage courses in your platform.
Mass Selecting Courses
In order to manage multiple courses with a single mass action, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner. In the E-Learning section, press the Course Management item.
Once you're on the main Course Management page, select multiple courses by selecting the checkboxes next to the course codes or select the checkbox in the top row to select all of the courses on the page currently shown.
After selecting two or more courses, you can also take advantage of the Select All button displayed at the bottom of the table to select all of the courses available in your platform. When doing so, the only available option is Export Courses Data.
Massive Actions for Course Management
Once you've selected the courses you want to manage, click on the Choose Action button shown at the bottom right corner of the table. A menu will appear above the button, where you can decide which action to complete on the selected courses. Refer to the following sections for details on each option.
Use this option to assign skills to selected courses. Once the Assign Skills option is selected, in the right panel that will open, select the checkboxes corresponding to the skills you want to assign to the courses. Click Confirm to finalize your action.
Export Courses Data
Use this option to export the list of the selected courses into a CSV or XLSX file that will be sent via email to the user performing the action. Once the Export Courses Data option is selected, in the right panel that will open, the Email Recipient section shows the email address associated with the Superadmin or the Power User who is exporting the file; this field cannot be modified, meaning that you cannot send the export to other users. Set whether to export data in CSV or XLSX format by selecting the corresponding option, select the field separator and set whether you want to include the names of the columns in the first row of the file. Click Next to continue with the export.
On the next page, select which data you want to include in the export. Please note that the course IDs are always included in the list of exported values. The data that you can export is the following:
- Courses Details. Select which data to export: ID, unique ID, code, title, type, and status of the courses. Please note that the course IDs are always selected by default and thus included in the list of exported values.
- Courses Properties. Select this checkbox and set whether to export all the course properties or select the Custom Selection option to customize your choice. When exporting the courses' Additional Details, please note that the course description will be truncated to 500 characters.
- Equivalences Data. Select this checkbox in order to export the data of the courses marked as equivalent to the exported ones. Learn more about equivalences.
- Sessions Data. Select this checkbox to export information related to the sessions of Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses. You can also include the event details by selecting the corresponding checkbox in the same area.
- Training Material Data. Select this checkbox in order to export data about the training materials of the selected courses.
- Usage Data. Select this checkbox in order to include information about the entities including the selected courses. You can select All Data to include data about learning plans, catalogs, and channels or customize your choice and select only the data related to the entities you are interested in.
When you’re ready, press the Confirm button at the bottom, and a background job named Export Courses Data will start. Then, you will receive an email that includes the exported file as attachment, according to the file format you selected (CSV or XLSX). Please note that the dates exported within your CSV or XLSX file are in UTC format.
When exporting the courses data, please remember that:
- The language of the data and of the columns in the exported file is the default language of the platform, excluding the True and False values.
- If you select the Sessions Data checkbox for export, the instructor usernames will also appear in the report.
- When the export is carried out by a Power User, the exported file will include data only for the resources assigned to them, including instructors, learning plans, catalogs and equivalent courses.
- Power Users need to have at least permission to view and edit courses, in order for the Export Courses Data option to be enabled for them.
Use this option to enroll users in the selected courses. Learn more on how to enroll users into courses.
Change Status > Published
Use this option to publish all selected courses with Under Maintenance status.
Change Status > Under Maintenance
Use this option to put the selected courses in Under Maintenance status. Please note that if courses are under maintenance, learners cannot access them.
Select this option in order to change the thumbnails of the selected courses. Learn more on to manage course images.
This command will delete permanently the selected courses. Remember that this operation cannot be undone.