The course player has a default configuration set for all courses in the Branding Look & Feel menu of your platform. However, you can overwrite the default settings with personalized settings at course level. This article outlines how to configure the course player page at course level.
Learn more on how to use the course player as a learner in the Knowledge Base article on the course player for learners.
Configuring the Course Player
Access the Admin Menu, then press the Course Management subitem in the E-Learning section. Find the course in the list on the main Course Management table and click on the course description. While in the Properties tab, move to the Player section.
This tab is only available for e-learning courses. It is not available for ILT (Instructor-Led Training) courses.
In the Starting View section, set whether learners will land directly on the course player page or on a course overview page, showing all of the course widgets defined for this course.
The overview page is optional for e-learning courses, but it is mandatory for ILT and VILT courses. This means that the course overview is displayed for ILT and VILT courses, regardless of which option you selected in this section.
When the overview page is active, all the course widgets are displayed on this page instead of the course player page, and the course content is moved to the Content tab. This configuration may help learners to focus on the course content, leaving all additional information on a separate page.
Player Background Image
In this section, flag whether to enable a custom background image for the course player of this course, then select it among the available images (Select Image option) or press the Upload Image button to upload an image from your device.
Set now whether you want to keep the original image size, or stretch the image to the default page size (900 x 510px).
Table of Contents Visibility
From this section, customize the default visibility of the course table of contents by selecting whether to hide or display it when a learner enters the course.
The table of content visibility is also managed directly by learners by using the panel button in the course player page and by taking advantage of one of the following options:
- Full visibility: the table of content is fully displayed
- Flat visibility: the table of contents is shown below the course player
- Compact visibility: the table of contents only displays the icons of the training material composing the course, on the right. This visibility mode is not available when the training materials are arranged in folders or when they include multi-chapter content.
From this section, enable a custom autoplay mode for the course.
If you enable the autoplay, the first training material that has not been completed or started will begin automatically as soon as the user accesses the course. The learner won't need to go to the course page and select the training material. This option makes the sequential navigation policy between the training materials more accessible for users.
Set whether to show or hide the navigation buttons for any training material played in the lightbox view mode.
Tips and Tricks
- If you have configured course widgets for your course, they will be displayed under the player. If the course overview page is active, all course widgets are displayed there.
- If you’ve assigned the course to a content partner using the Content Partners app, the content partner’s banner can also be displayed on this page.
- The course player does not support videos with less than 3 FPS (Frames per Second).