Docebo has developed Docebo Learning Impact to measure the learning impact of training. When you attend a course (e-learning or Instructor-Led Training (ILT)), as a learner, you will receive a Learning Impact questionnaire at the end of the course. The questionnaires are sent by email or accessible through in-platform notifications. Depending on your Administrator settings, the questionnaire could also be available as training material in your learning platform, at the end of the course. For ILT courses, if your Administrator has activated this option, you will be able to scan a QR code and complete the questionnaire on your own device at the end of the course.
This article provides answers to some questions that you might have as a learner while completing a Learning Impact questionnaire. For all the general information on completing the questionnaire, read our Knowledge Base article, Completing Learning Impact Questionnaires as a Learner
Questions & Answers
In the following paragraphs, you will find information about:
- Evaluation questionnaire details
- Answer safeguarding and backup
Evaluation Questionnaires Details
Why should I answer a Learning Impact questionnaire?
Answering Learning Impact questionnaires is valuable for your platform Administrators and your organization as it helps them to improve the quality of the training they provide. As a result, it will also benefit you.
Answering a Learning Impact questionnaire is also a great way for you to build an action plan and fully benefit from the training you have attended.
How many questionnaires do I need to complete for each training course?
You will receive two questionnaires:
- One at the end of your training to collect your feedback on the course (called initial evaluation questionnaire)
- Another one a few weeks or months after the end of the training to check if the training has been useful for your job and if you have been able to apply what you have learned (called follow-up evaluation questionnaire).
For some courses and depending on the settings applied by your Administrator, you could only receive the first questionnaire.
How can I access the questionnaire?
Questionnaires are sent via e-mail and/or are available via in-platform notifications. Depending on your Administrator settings, the questionnaire could also be available as training material in your learning platform, at the end of the course.
For ILT courses, if your Administrator has activated this option, you will be able to scan a QR code and complete the questionnaire on your own device at the end of the course.
How many questions do I need to answer?
The questionnaires you have to answer will typically consist of around 10 questions. This number could vary depending on the customization applied by your platform Administrators.
How long will it take to complete the questionnaire?
Answering a Learning Impact questionnaire should take you around 5 minutes. This timing can vary depending on the length of the questionnaire and the customization applied by your platform Administrators.
How long after the initial evaluation questionnaire will I receive the follow-up one?
You will receive the follow-up evaluation questionnaire a few weeks or months after the initial one. Please note that, depending on your Administrator’s settings for the course, you could only receive the initial evaluation questionnaire.
Does the link expire?
For initial learning evaluation questionnaires
- If you have not answered the questionnaire within 30 calendar days of the course completion date, the link will expire and you will not be able to access the questionnaire anymore.
- If you have not answered the questionnaire within 30 calendar days of the course completion date and you have received a notification within a 5 day period prior to the expiration of the link, then some additional days are granted before the link expires. The number of additional days is equal to the number of days between the last notification and the scheduled expiration date.
For follow-up learning evaluation questionnaires
- The link to the evaluation questionnaire will expire after a delay corresponding to the time set up by your Administrators (between 30 and 120 days) plus 30 days. For example, if the questionnaire is sent 90 calendar days after the course completion, then the link to the follow-up evaluation questionnaire will expire after 120 days, corresponding to 90+ 30 days. After this period, you will not be able to access the questionnaire anymore.
- If you have received a notification within a 5 day period prior to the expiration of the link, then some additional days are granted before the link expires. The number of additional days is equal to the number of days between the last notification and the scheduled expiration date.
Can I display the questionnaire in another language?
Currently, Learning Impact questionnaires are available in Arabic, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Thai, Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese.
The questionnaire language is by default the language set up on your Learn platform. You can change the language of the questionnaire by going to the language selector found in the top right corner and selecting another language.
In case a question was not translated into your selected language, it will appear in another language. If this happens, you will have the possibility to skip the question even if it is mandatory.
Are the questionnaires confidential? Who will be able to see what I write?
Depending on your Administrator settings, questionnaires can either be:
- Confidential: this means neither your colleagues, manager or any other users in your organization will be able to see who has provided a particular answer or feedback
- Nominative: this means your Admin(s) will be able to see who has provided a particular answer or feedback.
You can find out if the questionnaire is confidential or nominative by checking the Status of your Answers displayed at the bottom of the page and on the first page of the questionnaire.
Answers Safeguarding and Back-up
I lost my connection, are my answers saved?
Your answers are automatically saved so you can resume your questionnaire even in case of unexpected connection issues.
Can I save my answers as draft to complete or modify them later?
Your answers are automatically saved. If you close your browser and go back later to the questionnaire, you will be able to resume where you left off and the answers to the questions you have previously answered will be saved.
Once the questionnaire is submitted, can I go back later to modify it?
Yes, you still have the possibility to go back to the questionnaire and modify your answers as long as the link is active. The link will stay active for 30 days after you have received your initial notification unless decided otherwise by your platform Administrator. When you access your questionnaire after submission, you will land on the submission page. Use the Back button to navigate the questionnaire and review your answers.
Can I start answering the questionnaire on my desktop and then switch to a mobile device to complete it?
At any moment, you can choose to continue answering your questionnaire using a mobile device. To do so, press Continue on Mobile in the top right corner of the page. A QR code will be displayed on your screen.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device
- Open and complete the questionnaire
Can I download my answers into a pdf?
Yes. Once you have submitted your questionnaire, you can click on Download my Answers to get a PDF version of your answers.