Docebo has developed Docebo Learning Impact to measure the learning impact of training. When you attend a course (e-learning or Instructor-Led Training (ILT)), as a learner, you will receive a Learning Impact questionnaire at the end of the course.
Answering Learning Impact questionnaires is valuable for your platform administrators and your organization as it helps them to improve the quality of the training they provide. As a result, it will also benefit you.
This article explains how to answer Learning Impact questionnaires.
Once you have completed a course set to measure its learning impact, you will receive two questionnaires:
- One at the end of your training to collect your feedback on the course (initial questionnaire)
- Another one a few weeks or months after the end of the training to check if the training has been useful to your job and you have been able to apply what you have learned. (follow-up questionnaire)
Note: For some course and depending on the settings applied by your administrator, you could only receive the first questionnaire.
Questionnaires are sent via e-mail and/or are available via in-platform notifications. Depending on your administrator settings, the questionnaire could also be available as training material in your learning platform, at the end of the course. For ILT courses, if your administrator has activated this option, you will be able to scan a QR code and complete the questionnaire on your own device at the end of the course. More information on the use of QR codes for learners
Currently, Learning Impact questionnaires are available in Arabic, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Thai, Traditional and Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese.
The questionnaire language is by default the language set up on your Learn platform. You can change the language of the questionnaire by going to the language selector in the top right corner and selecting another language.
Note: If a question has not been translated in your selected language, it will appear in another language. In this case, you have the possibility to skip the question even if it is mandatory.
Depending on your administrator settings, questionnaires can either be:
- Confidential: this means neither your colleagues, manager or any other user in your organization will be able to see who has provided a particular answer or feedback.
- Nominative: this means your administrators will be able to see who has provided a particular answer or feedback.
You can find out if the questionnaire is confidential or nominative by checking the Status of your answers displayed at the bottom of the page and on the first page of the questionnaire.
Answering the questionnaire
When you access the questionnaire, you will land on a page displaying the title of the course and some information about the questionnaire you are about to answer. Press Start now to start answering your questionnaire.
Answer all the questions by selecting the answer(s) among the choices or by typing in your answer, depending on the type of question. Depending on your administrator settings, some questions could display an additional text box for you to leave comments. Type in your comments and press Next to go to the next question.
Note: for the following question types, your answer will automatically be saved once you enter it unless it is followed by a comment box or it is the last question of the section. The latter case requires you to clicl on Next to move on to the next question.
- Multiple Choice
For the following question types, you need to press Next to move on to the next question, only then will your answer be saved.
- Open End
In case you lose your connection or close your browser, you will be able to resume where you left off.
At any moment, you can choose to continue answering your questionnaire on a mobile device. To do so, press Continue on mobile in the top right corner. A QR code will be displayed on your screen.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device
- Open and complete the questionnaire
Once you’re done answering all the questions, press Submit questionnaire. A message will inform you that you have completed your questionnaire successfully. You can download the answers you have entered by pressing Download your answers.
If you have other due questionnaires, these will be displayed on your screen. Click on the questionnaire description to access it.
Questions and answers
If you have other questions on Learning Impact evaluation questionnaires, read our Q&A document.
Tips and tricks
Answering a Learning Impact evaluation questionnaire should take you around 5 minutes depending on the amount of customization applied by your platform administrators. Answering the questionnaire is very useful to your Administrators and organization but it is also a great way for you to reflect on the course you just took and start building an action plan to fully benefit from it. Here are some tips you can use to get the best out of this process:
Building an action plan
In the initial evaluation questionnaire, you might be asked to build an action plan. Here are some questions that may help you in this task:
- What is the main takeaway from the course that you can use in the coming days on your job?
- What is the tool or advice you don't want to forget and that can make a difference for you?
- If the actions depend on other people as well, how can you involve them to get the right support?
- What challenge can you set for yourself, using this new knowledge you have acquired in the training, to go outside your comfort zone?
- Is there an obstacle that would prevent you from implementing what you have learned in this course? In this case, what can you do to overcome it and make things happen?
Selecting the useful training course items
It could be hard to answer this question if you think the entire course was useful to you or, on the contrary, the content was not specific to your job. Here are some tips you can use:
- Useful items can be key messages, inspiring quotes, important concepts or methods, practices to apply, or other guidance.
- Think of the items you don't want to forget in the coming days and weeks.
- Think of the moments of the course that made you think “I need to remember this, it will be really helpful for my work!”.
- If the information provided in the training is not completely compatible with your job, look again into it and see if you can find something that can be adjusted and turned into something valuable for you
- Everything that can bring value to your job, or make things easier for you, deserves to be written here.
- We recommend you select between 3 to 5 items in order to focus your attention on what is the most important to you.