DISCLAIMER: The integration with GoToMeeting V1 is no longer supported since December 2020, and reached its end of life on March 31, 2021.
For those using the GoTo suite (GoToMeeting, GoToTraining and GoToWebinar) for web training, Docebo can integrate with these tools, so your users can access live training sessions directly in webinar courses in their Docebo platforms.
For information about webinar tools for ILT and VILT courses on mobile devices, please see Managing Webinar Tools for VILT Courses on Mobile.
Important Information Before You Start
- At this time, GoToWebinar does not allow instructors to access and start a webinar event directly from the Docebo Learn platform, but only from their GoToWebinar account. Learners can directly access the webinar event by clicking on Join the Webinar in the event page in Docebo, instead.
- You must have an active GoTo account (not a trial account) and remain in agreement with the terms and conditions in your contract in order to successfully configure this integration.
- The integration is available for GoToMeeting SaaS, and does not support on-premise deployments.
Activating the GoToMeeting App in Docebo
Activate the GoToMeeting v2 app as described in the Managing Apps & Features article of the Knowledge Base . The app is listed in the Web Conferencing tab.
Configuring the Integration in GoTo
As a first step, you have to create an OAuth Client in GoTo. Once the client is created, you will have the data needed to proceed with the integration in Docebo. Start by logging into your GoTo developer account (link opens in a new window). From the main page of the GoTo Developer Center, click on OAuth Clients in the top banner. From this page, click Create a new client to start the creation.
Next, log into your Docebo platform as a SuperAdmin and press the gears icon in the top right corner of the window. Locate GoToMeeting Version 2 and press Manage. Then, press the plus button in the top right corner. In the slide-out window you will see, at the top, the GoTo OAuth Redirect URL you will need to configure the integration in GoTo. Copy this information into Notepad or the text editor of your choice for safekeeping so you can easily paste it into GoTo later.
Return to GoTo and set a name and a description for your client, and then move to the Redirect URIs field to insert the URL you retrieved from your platform in plain format and according to the following format (for a total of 2 URLs):
Click +Add every time you enter a new URL.
Please Note: The URL set in the Application URL field must be the URL from which the authorization request is made. If you are using the Custom Domain App, remember to fill the Application URL field with the custom domain URL, do not use the URL using the
Press Next to proceed. In the Scopes tab, select the GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, or GoToTraining option and click Save to complete the client creation.
The Credentials tab will now show the Client ID and the Client secret of the client you have just created. Click on I have stored the client secret and click Done to complete the creation process.
Store the Client ID and the Client Secret, you will no longer be able to retrieve the Client Secret after clicking on Done.
Your Oauth client is now listed on the OAuth Clients page. At any time, you can edit the Client details or copy the Client ID from this page. Move now to your Docebo platform to complete the integration.
Configuring the GoTo App in Docebo
Move now to your Docebo platform to configure the account associated with the GoTo client that you have created. Log in as the Superamdin, then access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon. Find the GoToMeeting V2 section, and press the Manage item. On the GoToMeeting main page, click on the plus button in the top right corner to start the account creation.
Set the account name and description, and copy&paste the Client ID and the Client Secret of the OAuth client you have created in GoTo.
Set whether your session type is Meeting, Webinar or Training. Add now the maximum number of sessions per course, total sessions and concurrent rooms into the corresponding text boxes. Please note that the number of concurrent rooms is the one agreed on in your GoTo license. Press Create when you’re finished. You will be redirected to the GoTo website and then back to your platform when the integration is finalized.
Once the integration is completed, you can create webinar events for VILT courses.
Managing Your GoToMeeting Accounts
At any time, you can edit the details of your GoToMeeting accounts by accessing the GoToMeeting V2 page and hovering your mouse over the menu icon at the end of the account row and finally selecting the Edit option. When editing the Client ID and the Client Secret of your account, you need to re-synchronize it with GoToMeeting. To do so, select the Pair option after saving your changes.
From the same menu, select Delete to cancel the account.
Migrating to GoToMeeting Version 2
Docebo GoToMeeting Version 2 has completely replaced GoToMeeting Version 1 since March 2021. You can become a GoToMeeting Version 2 adopter by activating the new version of the integration at any time. If you want to migrate to the new version of the integration, here are the steps on how to do so:
- Configure the integration with GoToMeeting Version 2, by following the instructions provided in this article. GoToMeeting Version 1 and GoToMeeting Version 2 can be simultaneously installed on your platform.
- Plan a date when you are moving to GoToMeeting Version 2, and use the new version of the integration for the webinars you are scheduling from this date onward. Remember that the GoToMeeting Version 2 integration is identified as GoToMeeting Version 2 in the drop-down when scheduling webinars.
- If you have GoToMeeting Version 1 webinar sessions already scheduled after that date, you have to delete them and create them from scratch with GoToMeeting Version 2.
- Remove the integration with GoToMeeting Version 1
Please Note: you must delete the sessions associated with GoToMeeting Version 1 before removing the integration, as you will not be able to delete them afterward.