Your Shape platform helps you create learning pills (called Shapes) within minutes, that you can share with other users and with your team. Thanks to a number of customization options, you are able to create hyper-personalized content to best fit your needs.
This article will guide you through the creation of a new Shape.
Creating a New Shape
The main feature of the Shape platform is creating content using Artificial Intelligence.
To create a new Shape, log in to your platform, then click on the New Shape button in the top right corner of the page. You will be asked to choose the source you want to start from: a document, a link or custom text. Artificial Intelligence will analyze the content you insert and as a result it will create your new Shape.
Remember that Shape’s Artificial Intelligence works only with English content, so you can upload sources only in English. If you provide sources in other languages, the creation process will fail.
Also remember that the maximum length of the content you can upload is 10,000 words. This limitation applies to all of the types of source and file formats supported. If your content is longer than 10,000 words, you can split it into multiple files and then upload each file separately.
If you want to start from a document, on the page that opens click on the Document item to upload a file from your device. You can also drag and drop the file anywhere on the page to upload it. Click on the Supported formats link to view the list of the supported file formats.
The AI processes behind Shapes are trained to extract the text from the source, split it into blocks, and then summarize each block. Shape’s algorithms have been trained with a very large document set, and some conditions can help the text extraction. Here are some best practices and recommendations to follow:
- Structure your document as a Wikipedia page, using titles, subtitles and images. Find here an example of how to structure your source.
- Refer to the list of supported file formats
If you want to start from a URL, on the page that opens click on the Link item, then paste your link in the corresponding field and press Create Shape.
When using a link as your source, remember the following best practices and limitations:
- Be sure that the webpage you are linking is public and does not require authentication to be accessed. The same applies to documents on Google Drive, OneDrive or other repositories — files need to be shared publicly to be used by Shape.
- Video providers other than YouTube are not supported
- If you are using links from YouTube, Shape extracts text from the Transcript panel, so make sure that the video has the transcript. To reach the transcript, under the video player in YouTube, click on the ellipsis icon, then select the Open transcript option.
Free Text Source
If you want to start from some text, on the page that opens click on the Free Text item, then type or paste your text in the corresponding field. You can use the text editor to apply formatting options to your text. Remember to provide text longer than 50 words. Find here an example of how to structure your source.
When ready, press Create Shape.
Shape’s Creation Process with Artificial Intelligence
Once you have chosen the type of source, you are ready to create your Shape. On the page that opens, you can follow the entire creation process, starting from the extraction of text up to the production of new content, your Shape! Let’s go through each one of the steps of the process:
- Extracting Text. Shape’s Artificial Intelligence starts by analyzing the source you uploaded and extracting texts from it
- Identifying Topics. AI identifies different topics within the text of the source, splitting them into blocks
- Extracting Concepts. Then, it summarizes each block just created by extracting the most important information
- Finding Media. When the text is ready, Shape’s AI searches for media assets that fit with the text of each block, and uses them as a background
- Producing Content. In the last step, Shape combines all of the info retrieved in the previous steps, producing a sequence of scenes resulting in learning pills
The creation process may need from 5 up to 10 minutes to complete.
If you want to stop the creation process, you are free to do it at any time by pressing the Stop Creation Process button.
While waiting, you have the possibility to choose how long your content will be — from short content (small — about 10% of the source content length), to medium length (about 40% of the source content length), up to long content (large — about 70%). If you don’t select any options, medium size will be the default for your Shape. You can choose the size before the Extracting Concepts step, then this panel will disappear when the Extracting Concepts step starts.
After the Extracting Concepts step, you can also choose a title between three titles extracted by AI. You are free to write a new title if you want. If you don’t select any title, Shape will choose one as default, but you can change it later on.
You don't need to wait that the creation process is completed, you can close the creation panel using the x icon whenever you want. The process will continue in the background and you can check it from the homepage. When your Shape is ready, you will receive a notification. Press the bell icon in the bar at the top of the page and open the notification to view your new Shape.
You will also find the Shape just created in the All Shapes and in the Created by me tabs on the homepage, in Draft status. Now, you can preview, edit and publish your content. Refer to this article for more info on editing your content and to this article for more info on publishing it.