With your Docebo platform, you can create a custom report to view and analyze specific information about courses, users, or training material in your platform. In order to create a custom report, log into your platform as the Superadmin.
Access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon in the top right corner of your platform. In the E-Learning section, select the Reports item. To start creating the report, select the Create Custom Report button on the main Reports page.
Learn more on the New Custom Reports functionality and on how to transition to the New Reports
Generating a Report
Insert the Title of the report then select the report you would like to generate (available reports are listed at the end of this article). Press the Next button to proceed. Now, choose the users on which you would like to run the report by selecting them from the Users, Group or Branch tabs. Select Next to proceed.
Please note: When you are selecting branches of users of your organization chart to include in a report that you’re creating in the platform, please note that in order to make it easier and faster to select branches, you will see a text input field to type in branch names rather than a list of branches to select if you have more than 1,000 branches in your platform.
Now, select your courses for the report. You can choose specific courses or all of the courses in the platform. If you flag the option to select courses, you will need to then flag which courses you want from the list that will appear. The course filter option displays all courses in the platform. This means that you do not have to edit the report every time you create a new course inside the platform.
Press Next to proceed. Now, the information you select on the next page is determined by which type of report you flagged to generate. This could be user additional fields, selections specific enrollment or creation dates, training material types, etc. If you have the Filter By options for both Enrollment date and Completion date in the report, remember that the time zone is always in UTC.
Please Note: When you display date filters in the report, remember that the time zone used to save dates is always UTC, regardless of your time zone. As a consequence, it may happen that you find in your report dates that are different from the ones set in the report filters (it can be the day after or the day before), since dates are saved in UTC and not in your time zone.
Once you've selected all of the information you would like to include in your report, you can schedule the sending of the report, save it, view it, or return to editing mode.
Please note that if you created a report with course information, the value in the Course Name column of the report will transform into a hyperlink, which, when clicked, will take the Superadmin to the related course.
You can export the report in .xls, .csv, and .html. By pressing the menu icon in the report's row in the list of reports on the main reports management page, you can schedule, edit, or delete the report by pressing the corresponding items in the dropdown menu that will appear.
Please note: When exporting a Users-Courses, Audit Trail or Users-Training Material report in CSV in your platform, any reports with more than 2,000 rows will not sort the data in the report in order to optimize run times.
Reports Visibility for Power Users
If you want certain Power Users in your platform to have the ability to view the report, you can press the item in the Filter column of the report's row in order to edit the visibility.
- All Superadmins and Power Users. The report will be visible to all Superadmins and Power Users.
- All Superadmins. The report will be visible to all the Superadmins in the platform.
- Select Superadmins and Power Users. The report will be visible only to the Superadmins and the Power Users of your choice.
Once you've flagged your desired option and pressed Confirm, you will see the new privacy setting in the Filter column.
Available Custom Reports
Here follows a list of the custom reports available in the platform:
- Users - Courses. Runs a report with the progress details of each selected user for each course. Please note that the Time in Webinar Session field for this report only populates for DataPower S4B.
- Users - Course Enrollment Time. This report is a delay analysis displaying all of the users who have not completed the courses within the required deadline. You can set the deadline using the day of validity option in the Advanced Settings menu of a course.
- Users - Training Material. This report helps you relating the users to the training material. This report is useful when you need to know the status of completion, or the scores for all content and/or material for each user. In case a course has already expired, that row of the report turns red.
- Courses - Users. This report shows the progress details for every selected course. When a course is selected but the only user enrolled in this course is an instructor, this course isn't available in the report, even if the instructor is selected in the list of users included in the report.
- Groups - Courses. This report shows the progress details of the selected groups for every course.
- Users - Learning Plans. This report shows the details of the selected user, for every learning plan.
- Users - Sessions. This report shows the progress details of every selected user, for every session. Please note that this report does not include webinar sessions.
- Users - Certifications. The Certification and Retraining App is required to run this report collecting information about the certifications achieved by the users. Please note that deactivated users are not taken into consideration in this report.
- Users - External Training. The External Training App is required to run this report listing of all the users associated with external activities. You can filter the information by status: all external activities, approved or awaiting approval.
- Users - Badges. The Gamification App is required to run this report so that you can easily get information related to badges, and user-badge associations.
- Users - Contests. The Gamification App is required to run this report allowing you to easily get information related to contests and users' achievements.
- E-commerce - Transactions. This report shows the list of e-commerce transaction data. The report contains one transaction item per row, with the information in columns: transaction ID, username, first name, last name, email, user’s branch, course code, course name, item quantity (greater than 1 only for purchased seats), item amount (in USD) session name (only for ILT courses), session start date (only for ILT courses), session end date (only for ILT courses). For those using Docebo 6.9 or higher, you can also view ILT locations, coupon code, and coupon descriptions.
- Audit Trail. The Audit trail App is required to run this report keeping track of the administrative actions performed on the system and all the important changes related to the course completion, enrollment status changes, and others.
- Assets - Statistics. The Discover, Coach & Share Module is required to run this report, showing all of the statistics related to specific assets that have been shared either privately or publicly in Discover, Coach & Share channels.
- Experts - Activity. The Discover, Coach & Share Module is required to run this report, showing all of the activity performed by the selected Discover, Coach & Share experts.
- Channel - Statistics The Discover, Coach & Share Module is required to run this report, showing all of the statistics related to a specific Discover, Coach & Share channel.
- User - Assets. The Discover, Coach & Share Module is required to run this report, showing all of the contributions uploaded by the selected user.
Report Content Visibility
Once a custom report is run by a Superadmin, that report will collect the data needed for the report, and the Admin will be able to see all data in the report without any content visibility restrictions because Superadmin users have no visibility restrictions in the platform. On the other hand, if a Power User views the report, he or she will only see the reports items (Courses, Users, Branches, Catalogs and Locations) that he or she has been granted visibility.
If a Superadmin schedules a report, an email with a link to the report as well as the report itself will be sent to all of the users added in the Send the report to (required) field. Said report will contain all data included in the report regardless of visibility restrictions of recipients, even if the recipients are Power Users with certain visibility restrictions. I.e. a Power User recipient that has only been given permissions to view specific branches or users may still see all branches or users in the report, even the ones that he or she has not been granted permissions to view.
If there is the need to limit the information of a scheduled report, the Superadmin can create several reports with the same subject for the various Power User profiles, matching the information in the report to align with the viewing permissions for each Power User profile. Alternatively, the Superadmin can create different reports for each Power User profile, then the scheduling of the reports must be done by the Power Users themselves.