In your platform, you can merge two user profiles together, thus merging the data of the two profiles into one user profile. Only Superadmins and Power Users (with granted permissions, and only with assigned users) can merge users. This functionality reduces the number of duplicate users in your platform.
Please Note: Due to security reasons, you cannot merge Superadmins or Power Users with other users. You can only merge two regular users in the platform.
What Data is Merged?
When merging two user profiles into one, you can choose which data is merged together:
- Course Enrollments. All enrollments will be moved from the source user to the destination user. If the two users are enrolled in the same courses, the highest score or most completed course will take priority during the merge. Please note that merging course data also merges training material tracking data, but does not merge the responses provided for by the source user in training materials (such as xAPI or SCORM) in order not to alter data validation. The user resulting from the merge will have to provide responses from scratch.
- Gamification. All badges, points, coins, and requests in the Rewards Marketplace will be moved from the source user to the destination user.
- Subscription Associations. Any subscription license assigned to the source user will be moved to the destination user. If the destination user does not belong to a branch with granted visibility for any license assigned to the source user, the merging of those licenses will be skipped and the license will still belong to the source user.
- Certificates. Any certificates obtained by the source user will be moved to the destination user. If both the source user and destination user have the same certificate, the most favorable (highest scoring certificate will be kept during the merge, and the other certificate will be deleted. This data is automatically merged if you merge course enrollments, otherwise it is not merged.
- External Training. All external training records assigned to the source user will be moved to the destination user. This data is merged by default. You do not have the option to not merge it.
- E-Commerce Transactions. All e-commerce transactions from the source user will be moved to the destination user. This data is automatically merged if you merge course enrollments, otherwise it is not merged.
- User Profile Fields. All information from the source user profile will overwrite the information of the destination user profile, with a few exceptions:
- Usernames will always be kept, never overwritten.
- All source user branches will be merged with the destination user branches.
- Managers and team members of the destination user will be kept
Please Note: Learning plan enrollments cannot be merged. While courses that are included in learning plans can have merged enrollments, the source user will not be enrolled into learning plans in which the destination user is enrolled.
Merging User Profiles
To merge two users, access the Admin Menu by reaching the gear icon, then press the Users item in the E-Learning section. On the User Management page, find the user in the list, then press the menu icon at the end of the user’s row.
In the dropdown menu, select the Merge User item. In the slideout panel, type the name of the destination user in the Destination field. Below, you can preview the profile information for both the source and destination users. Press Next to continue.
In the User Information section (page two of the slide out panel), the option to merge user information is automatically flagged. If you do not want to merge user profile information, simply unflag the option and press Next. If you do not merge user information, the information for the destination user will take priority.
When merging user profile information, each user field will have its own row, with a column for both the source user and the destination user. Press the corresponding box in each row to select which user’s information will be merged to the final user profile.
All highlighted fields that you selected will have a checkmark inside that field’s box. Each row will only have one checkmark. If needed, you can activate the toggle at the bottom to show into fields that differentiate between the source user and destination user. Press Next to continue.
In the Enrollments section (page three of the slide-out panel), the option to merge enrollments is automatically flagged. If you do not want to merge enrollments, simply unflag the option and press Next. If you do not merge enrollments, the most completed courses will take priority.
When merging enrollments, each course will have its own row, with a column for both the source user and the destination user. Completed courses are automatically selected. If the two users are enrolled in the same courses, the highest score or most completed course will take priority during the merge. Press Next to continue.
In the Review section (page four of the slide out panel), review all of the information before merging users. You cannot undo the action of merging users, so review the merged information carefully before finalizing the merge.
Switch between the User Information tab, Enrollments tab, Transactions tab, Badges tab, and Subscriptions tab to see all of the merged information. Then, press Merge Users to finalize the action.
Once the users are merged, the source user is not automatically deleted in your platform. The Superadmin or Power User must manually deactivate or delete the user from the platform. If the source user is still active in the platform, it will only contain user profile information. All other data has been moved to the destination user during the merging process.