DISCLAIMER: the integration with Zoom V1 reached its end of life and end of support on July 21, 2020.
For those using Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar for web training, your Docebo platform can integrate with Zoom, so your users can access live VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training) training sessions in their Docebo platforms.
You must have an active Zoom account and remain in agreement with the terms and conditions in your contract in order to successfully configure this integration. Also note that your Zoom license must include the REST API support, as well as the possibility to manage meetings and webinars. Docebo shares with Zoom the platform users' first names, last names and emails during the webinar sessions.
- The integration is available for Zoom SaaS, and does not support on-premise deployments.
- Zoom for Government is not currently supported.
- More information about webinar tools for ILT (Instructor-Led Training) and VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training)courses on mobile devices.
- When a Zoom event is updated in Docebo, the event is deleted and recreated with the same name and updated information within Zoom. This causes the meeting URL for the event to change. If you have sent the meeting URL to any participants prior to making a change to the event, you will need to resend the new URL or participants will not be able to join the event.
Activating Zoom in Docebo
Activate the Zoom app as described in the Managing Apps & Features article of the Knowledge Base. The app is listed in the Web Conferencing tab.
Creating a Docebo Application in Zoom
To create an application in Zoom, sign in to Zoom with a user having permission to access the Zoom Marketplace and to build apps. Move to your profile page and select the Solutions drop-down menu, on the right.
In the drop-down menu, select App Marketplace, you will be redirected to the App Marketplace website.
At the top of the website, select the Develop drop-down menu, then click on Build App.
You will be asked to choose your app type: select OAuth by clicking Create in the corresponding card.
Begin the app-building process by typing your App Name, selecting User-managed app, and deselecting the Would you like to publish this app on Zoom App Marketplace toggle. Then click on Create.
The App Name must either be prefixed or affixed with the docebo- or -docebo keyword respectively in order to be properly identified by Zoom.
You will be redirected to the App Credentials tab of your App. In this tab you will see configurable items, described in the following table:
|Client ID||Necessary information needed to configure the integration with Zoom in Docebo|
|Client Secret||Necessary information needed to configure the integration with Zoom in Docebo|
|Redirect URL for OAuth||This field will contain the link provided by Docebo in the following steps|
|Subdomain check||Leave this field unchecked|
|Add allow lists||This field will contain the URL to your platform using the full Docebo platform domain.
Leave these items for now but keep this page open in a browser tab or window for easy reference.
Next, switch to your Docebo platform to create your Zoom account. Log in as a Superadmin and access the Admin Menu by scrolling your mouse over the gear icon. Then, find the Zoom V2 section, and click on Manage. On the settings page, click New Account in the top right corner of the page.
In the slide-out window, copy the URL at the top and then move back to your browser window or tab containing the Zoom App Credentials tab. There, paste the URL into the Redirect URL for OAuth field. Next, copy only the domain part (the format is
https://yourcustomdomain.com) of the text you just pasted and paste that into the Add allow lists field. Then press Continue.
In the Information section, complete the Basic Information for your app by entering the app Long Name and Description, your Company Name, and the Name and the Email Address of the developer in charge of the integration (as a point of contact). Press Continue to move to the Features section and Continue again to move to the Scopes tab. From this tab, click Add Scopes. In the Add Scope pop-up, select the following options:
- If you will configure your integration as a Meeting session type, move to the Meetings tab, and select View and Manage Your Meetings
- If you will configure your integration as a Webinar session type, move to the Webinar tab, select View and Manage Your Webinars
- Independently on whether you selected the Meeting or the Webinar session type, move to the Recording tab, select View Your Recordings. When this option is selected, the recordings of your meetings or webinars will be saved at the end of the session, and you will be able to directly upload them from the Zoom Cloud to the platform. The maximum recording file size allowed for the Zoom Cloud upload is 800MB.
Once you have selected your scopes press Continue.
Next, in the Activation tab, press Add to add your app. In the pop-up window, select Allow and the Zoom configuration of the integration is complete.
Now, move to Docebo Learn to complete and activate the integration.
Creating a Zoom Account in Docebo
Move back to your Docebo platform where you have previously started the Zoom account creation. In the right panel, fill out all of the information, typing your Zoom Account Name and retrieving the Client ID and the Client Secret from your app in Zoom, Credentials tab. Select the session type; either Meeting or Webinar depending on your Zoom subscription.
- Select the Meeting option if you have a Zoom Meeting subscription. When this option is selected, the integration will create a Zoom Room Meeting out of every ILT session created by the selected account.
- Select the Webinar option if you have a Zoom Webinar subscription. When this option is selected, the integration will create a Zoom Webinar out of every ILT session created with the selected account.
Define the maximum number of sessions allowed per course (up to 999), the maximum number of sessions that this account can manage, and the maximum number of concurrent rooms. Please note that the number of concurrent rooms is the one agreed on in your Zoom license.
Press Create to create your Zoom account and finalize the integration with Zoom.
Notes about creating a Zoom account in Docebo
- Remember, every Zoom account created in Docebo can integrate either with Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar at a time, it is not possible to integrate both options with the same account. If you have both subscriptions, and you need to integrate both Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinar, you have to create two accounts, one for each option.
- When you connect to a meeting as a Superadmin, Power User or instructor present in the course, you will become a host. The name of the account connected will be the one you paired in Zoom.
- The SSO login functionality of the Zoom application is not supported by the integration with Docebo for the purpose of logging in as an instructor or pairing accounts with Zoom.
Activating and Managing Your Zoom Account in Docebo
Once your account is properly created and configured in Docebo, and the Docebo app is available in Zoom, you have to pair the Docebo Zoom account with your Zoom account in order for the integration to work properly. To do so, log in to Docebo as the user who configured the account to be paired, access the Zoom settings page from the Admin Menu, look for your account in the list of configured accounts, click on the ellipsis menu at the end of the account row, and select Pair.
At any time, you can edit the details of your account by clicking on the ellipsis menu at the end of the account row, and selecting Edit. You can delete your account by selecting Delete from the same ellipsis menu.
Once you have activated the app, you can create ILT sessions.
Notes about activating and managing your Zoom account in Docebo
- The Docebo for Zoom integration does not support Polls and Breakout Rooms.
- Since May 30, 2020, Zoom requires that all new and already scheduled ILT sessions must be secured with a passcode. You are required to set a passcode for every new Zoom webinar session, and to update all of the already scheduled Zoom webinar sessions by adding a passcode in the dedicated field in the Session date(s) management area. The passcode is required for the session configuration only, learners will not be required to enter it when connecting. The passcode is automatically calculated by Docebo, and it grants an adequate complexity. Do not enable any option in the Passcode Requirements section in Zoom (Admin Menu - Account Management - Account Settings tab).
Retrieving the App Credentials from Zoom
You can retrieve your Client ID and your Client Secret to configure the integration at any time. Log in to your Zoom account as an administrator and click on Manage in the top right corner, then move to the Created Apps option of the left sidebar. This area lists all of the previously created apps. Click on the App name to access the app page, and click on App Credentials in the left menu.
Please Note: The user that is created in Docebo for the Zoom integration will not count as an active user if they are not playing formal learning content from the platform, but are solely set up the integration for Zoom.
Migrating to Zoom Version 2
If you’re still using Zoom V1, please note that the End of Life date for this version of the integration passed on July 21, 2020. The following list shows the steps needed to migrate to Zoom V2:
- Configure the integration with Zoom V2, by following the instructions provided by this article. ZoomV1 and ZoomV2 can be simultaneously installed on your platform.
- Use the new version of the integration for the ILT courses you are scheduling. Remember that the Zoom V2 integration is identified as Zoom V2 in the drop-down when scheduling ILT courses.
- If you have Zoom V1 ILT sessions already scheduled, you have to delete them and create them from scratch with Zoom V2.
- Remove the integration with Zoom V1. Remember: you must delete the sessions associated with Zoom V1 before removing the integration, or you will not be able to delete them afterward.
Since the Zoom V1 integration reached its End of Life date on July 21, 2020, the ILT sessions scheduled with Zoom V1 are no longer accessible or usable by Superadmins, Power Users, or Learners.