DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article shows details only available with the new course page. As a Superadmin, you can activate the preview of the new course page for your user only, test it, and then activate it for all users. Learn more on the transition to the new course page.
Docebo Learn allows you to manage your company's training activities. Using several tools available in your platform, you can organize, manage, monitor and report all of your course activities. We know that using Docebo might be difficult if you are new to Learning Management Systems (LMS). Perhaps you won't know where to begin, so we've created this brief manual to help you get started.
Learn More on DoceboU
Want to learn more about getting started with Docebo Learn? Have a look at the dedicated learning plan, Getting Started with Docebo Learn (opens in a new tab) on Docebo U!
Customizing Your Platform
You can personalize your platform’s layout by configuring various elements of the interface. To do so, access your Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner of your homepage, then move to the Settings section and select Configure Branding and Look.
Use the options available in this area to personalize the platform header, the sign-in page layout, colors, CSS, the course player and the course catalog page (if the new course page is active on your platform). Learn more about configuring the branding and look of your platform.
In addition, you can completely rebrand your platform using the White Label app.
Start populating your platform by creating users. From the header, press the gear icon to reach the Admin Menu, then select the Users item in the E-Learning Section. You will be redirected to the Users Management page from where you can create new users to the platform and manage previously registered users.
Please Note! There is no limit to the number of registered users. However, they will only be considered active users depending on the actions they perform on the platform. Learn more about active users.
Here follow some tips to manage your users:
- If you have a high number of users, organize them hierarchically using the organization chart. You can divide your users into branches according to their role or country, for example. Please take into consideration that moving users from one branch to another must be done either manually or via APIs, so you may not want to create many branches and sub-branches. Alternatively, you can create groups of users manually, or set up groups of users that are auto-populated based on different criteria.
- Create user additional fields to enrich the user profile with information you may need, such as hiring date, identity code, country, birth date, or even uploading a file related to the user.
- If you need to register a large number of users, create a CSV file containing the users' data and upload it to the platform. By registering users in bulk, the process is simplified.
- Set up and manage teams in the platform. A team is a group of users managed by the same manager. Managers get an at-a-glance view of their team’s activities, such as items that are due, courses that need to be completed, and potential learning content that may be beneficial for their team members.
To learn more about user management options, please refer to the Users Management section of our Knowledge Base.
Creating courses is one of the first steps to set up your learning program.
Click on the gear icon in the top right corner to reach the Admin Menu, then select the Courses Management item in the E-Learning Section.
From the Course Management area, you can create and manage two types of courses:
- E-learning courses
- These courses are completely delivered online, do not involve instructors, and do not require learners to attend them at the same time, and from a physical location. Find out more about E-Learning Courses.
- ILT (Instructor-Led Training) courses and VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training)
- ILT and VILT courses are used to manage classroom and webinar courses. They are managed and delivered by one or more instructors, either online, through a webinar tool, or on-site, in a classroom. These courses are made up of one or more sessions. More details about ILT and VILT Courses.
Learn more about course creation and management from the articles available in the Course Management section of the Knowledge Base.
Once your courses are created, you can add training material for your users. You can choose different types of training material according to your needs:
- SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) is a set of technical standards for e-learning platforms. It provides the communication method and data models that allow e-learning content and platforms to work together. SCORM also defines how to package content into a transferable ZIP file, called a “Package Interchange Format”, to be uploaded to the platform. Docebo Learn is compatible with SCORM versions 1.2 and 2004 3rd Edition.
- AICC files use the HTTP AICC Communication Protocol (HACP) to permit exchanges between course content and the platform. Docebo Learn supports the AICC Standard.
- A xAPI (Tin Can) file is an E-learning software specification. This type of software allows learning content and learning systems to speak to each other in a manner that records all types of learning experiences. Learning experiences are recorded in a Learning Record Store, or LRS. Docebo Learn supports the Tin Can Standard.
- Videos are the main frontier of E-learning. This is a major trend that should be considered within an e-learning context, as people are generally more engaged when watching a video than when following a slideshow. Learn more about uploading videos and creating videos from URLs.
- A File can be uploaded by you and downloaded by users. You can upload different kinds of files: DOC, XLS, GIF, PNG, TXT, DOCX, XLSX, PDF, PPT, and ZIP.
- Assignments are activities that instructors and Superadmins ask learners to complete by uploading (or linking to) a video or a file or by recording their screen; the instructors will then be able to evaluate them. Learn more about assignments.
- The Slide Converter is a useful tool that allows you to upload a presentation from your device (must be a PDF, ODP, PPT or PPTX) and turn it into a project to play online. Learn more about the Slide Converter tool.
- Surveys and Tests are tools that allow you to create questions for users to answer. The difference between the two tools is that the surveys don't provide you with a final evaluation of individual users because the answers compiled in the system remain anonymous. On the other hand, creating tests allows you to monitor the answers of each user and set a minimum score needed to pass each test.
Learn more about creating and managing training materials. You can also store training materials in the Central Repository.
In addition to training materials, you can display additional information about the course using one or more widgets that will be displayed on the course page.
Enrolling Users in Courses
When the course is ready, you can enroll users.
Creating Customized Pages and Menus for Your Users
By creating customized pages and menus, you can build your platform from scratch, and then easily link pages to menus so that they are easily accessible for your users. You can create up to 1000 pages and 200 menus, then assign them to groups, branches and user levels.
From the header, press the top right gear icon to reach the Admin Menu, then select the Manage Pages and Manage Menus in the Settings area to start configuring pages and menus for your platform.
For example, you can customize a menu based on your organizational chart branches by building and assigning a different welcome page for each branch. You can also create pages and menus based on user levels: you can create a menu for the Superadmin, a menu for Power Users, and a menu for users. Each menu can display different pages as per your needs.
After you've provided your users with all of the information they need to access the platform and begin completing courses, you can analyze the activities made on your platform.
In the Admin Menu, you will see the Reports item. In this area, you'll find all of the reports you can generate regarding statistics of users or courses. You can also create custom reports to analyze specific information.
Reports are vital for online training, as they allow you to monitor the activity of your users on the platform.