DISCLAIMER: Some content in this article shows details only available with the new course page. Contact your Administrator for more information.
You physically attend Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses in a classroom, with other learners, or online, through a videoconference tool. ILT courses can last for more than one day and can include different sessions and events with a single (fully online or fully onsite) or mixed type of attendance (both online and onsite).
You will attend these courses with an instructor, and they are available on your learning platform to provide you with all the necessary information on the scheduling, the location, and/or the videoconference tool used for the sessions you are enrolled in, to host the course training material, and to track your attendance and progress.
The ILT Course Page
All of the courses and learning plans in which you’re enrolled are listed on the My Courses and Learning Plans page. ILT courses are identified by the ILT (Instructor-Led Training) label at the bottom of the card. Click on the course card to access it.
If you are enrolled in an ILT course, but not enrolled in any of its sessions, you will land on the course page.
The page of an ILT course shows several details about the course, such as its ID and its description, its instructors, and the list of sessions composing it.
The Enrollment Options area shows your enrollment status and may display alerts to prompt you to perform some actions (such as selecting a session in case you aren’t enrolled in any of the available ones).
The Course Sessions area lists all of the sessions in which you can enroll, together with the details about the date and time, the number of events composing every session, their attendance type, and the session total duration.
Use the arrow at the end of the session row to see additional information such as the session instructor and the session events in calendar mode. Select the event dates to get more details on their scheduling. Switch Days to Agenda for a different view mode.
You will not be able to see the course training material (if any) until you enroll in a session.
Remember that you can self-enroll only in one session via the ENROLL button. The Administrator can enroll you in multiple sessions, instead.
The Session Page
If you are enrolled in at least one session, when you access the course from the My Courses and Learning Plans page, you will land on the page of the first upcoming session.
The page of a session shows several details, such as the list of events composing it, the attendance type, information about the location for onsite events and about the videoconference tool for online events, the session total duration and the instructors.
The Session Events area lists the events composing the session. Select the event date to see additional information on its schedule. Switch Days to Agenda for a different view mode.
Please Note! When you are enrolled in a session of an ILT course, you are automatically enrolled in all of the events composing it.
If the Administor enrolled you in more than one session, the My Sessions area lists all of the course sessions in which you are enrolled in chronological order and information about their status of completion. If you are enrolled in a single session, this area is not visible.
Depending on the completion mode set for every session, sessions may be marked as completed by an instructor or an Administrator, or when your attendance is recorded or when you pass a test.
If the course includes one or more training materials, they are listed in the Course Syllabus section of the page. The course training material is shared among sessions, it is not session-specific.
The session page may display one or more widgets, depending on how the course is configured. Available widgets include:
- Description. Shows the course description, if any.
- Course Details. Shows extra information about the course that may or may not display depending on how the Administrator configured the course, such as:
- the course code
- the average completion time
- the number of days left to complete the course
- the number of credits (CEUs) you’ll earn by completing the course
- if the course is verified via e-signature
- if the course comes from external content providers
- Forum. Use this area to discuss the course topics with other learners and ask questions to the instructors.
- Comments. Leave comments on the course topics.
- Repository. Use this area to download files made available by the instructors, as well as to upload the files you want to share with other users.
- Instructors. Displays contact information for the instructors of the course.
- Questions and Answers. Use this area to ask questions to the course experts, and to check the questions and answers posted by other users.
Use the widget bar to navigate among the available widgets.
Depending on the course settings, you may be able to perform the following actions from the session page:
- Share the course on social media: Use the Share button to
- get the course URL so that you can share it with other users
- share the course details, and optionally your score, on social media (Twitter and/or LinkedIn)
- Rate the course. Use the Rate Now button to provide a rating of the course from 1 to 5 stars. Take the time to provide your feedback on the course, as it can be helpful for other users, including instructors and Administrators.
- Manage your session enrollment.
- Use the Unenroll from Session button to cancel your enrollment for the selected session.
- Use the Change Session Enrollment button to unenroll from the session you have selected and enroll in a different session. By doing so, you will be unenrolled from the current session.
- Add the course to a playlist. Use the Add to Playlist button to add the course to an existing playlist or to a new playlist. More information on playlists.
- Synchronize the course with your calendar. Use the Add to Calendar button to add the session schedule to your calendar (using the session URL). Besides acting as a reminder, having the session in your calendar will keep it synchronized with the updates done in your learning platform.
- Inform that the course is no longer up to date. Use the Mark as Outdated button to identify the course as no longer up to date, and notify the Administrator about that.