Docebo has created Docebo Learning Impact that allows you to measure the effectiveness and to prove the impact of learning. As Docebo Learn clients, you need to activate the Docebo Learning Impact app found on your Learn platform. You also have access to the Learning Impact external platform. Once Docebo Learning Impact has been activated, Superadmins and Power Users can enable ready-to-use learning evaluation questionnaires for individual courses on your platform. The questionnaire results are then turned into easy-to-read reports that are accessible directly from the platform.
This article explains how you can enable learning measurement for individual courses on your platform and manage the evaluation properties for courses.
Enabling the Learning Impact Measurement for Courses
On your Learn platform, the learning impact measurement is disabled by default for courses. You can enable it at course level, only for the courses you would like to monitor. To enable learning impact measurement for a course, follow these steps:
- Log into your platform and reach the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner
- Click on the Manage subitem of the Learning Impact menu entry.
- From the Learning Impact main page, click on the plus button in the top right corner
- In the Enable Learning Impact Evaluation on Courses right panel, select the courses for which you would like to enable the learning impact measurement. Use the filters and the text search to drill down to the courses you are looking for
- Press Next to proceed.
- Manage the evaluation properties of the selected courses. For more information on Properties, refer to the following section Managing Evaluation Properties for Courses.
- Press Confirm
When enabling learning measurement for courses, remember that you can enable learning measurement for up to 100 courses at a time. This means that every time you perform the action described in the above paragraph, you can select a maximum of 100 courses. However, there is no limit for the number of courses for which you can enable learning measurement. To add more than 100 courses follow these steps as many times as necessary:
- Add your courses by following the steps described in the above paragraph
- Wait for the Learn platform and the Learning Impact external platform to synchronize. Remember that the Learn platform and the Learning Impact external platform synchronize every 2 hours.
- Repeat step 1 to add another 100 courses
The selected courses are now listed in the Courses tab of the Learning Impact main page. You can filter the courses according to the course type or the course language. Please note that the available language filters reflect the languages of the courses listed on this page. If, for example, no courses are available in Italian, the Italian language filter will not be listed.
From this table, you can check the following details:
- Course name and course code
- Course type (E-Learning, ILT (Instructor-Led Training), Webinar)
- Date when the learning impact measurement was enabled
- Number of enrolled users in the course. This reflects the total number of users enrolled in the course and can include learners enrolled before learning measurement was enabled for the course.
At any time, you can disable the learning impact measurement by clicking on the ellipsis menu at the end of the course row and by selecting the Disable Learning Evaluation option. As an option, you can disable the learning impact measurement for more courses at a time. Click on the checkboxes next to the course names to select them, then click on the Choose Action button in the bottom right corner of the table, and select Disable Learning Evaluation.
When you disable learning impact for a course, the data collected up to the moment you disable it are kept in the platform.
Please note: when you enable learning impact measurement for a course, all learners enrolled in this course after this enablement will be involved in the learning evaluation process. If you want learners to be removed from the evaluation process (because they did not attend the course for example), you will need to unenroll them from the course. Read more about Enrolling Users into Courses in our Knowledge Base.
Only the learners enrolled in a course after learning measurement enablement will receive email notifications to answer evaluation questionnaires. The learners enrolled in a course prior to learning measurement enablement will not receive any email notification to answer evaluation questionnaires. However, they will be able to access the evaluation questionnaire through in-platform notifications if you activate this option. They will also be able to access the learning evaluation questionnaire at the end of the course, if you choose to embed it as training material (only for E-learning courses). Learn more about how to set up the initial learning impact questionnaire as training material in a course.
Managing Evaluation Properties for Courses
You can manage the evaluation properties at course level. These properties may either be managed in the slide-out panel at the moment you enable learning impact measurement or at any time by clicking on the ellipsis button at the end of the course row on the Learning Impact main table and selecting Change Properties.
For ILT courses, select whether you want to send a questionnaire to the course instructor(s). If you choose Default, the settings will reflect the master settings of Docebo Learning Impact defined with your Solution Deployment Manager. This option is not available for E-learning courses.
For ILT courses, select whether you want to send a questionnaire to the manager of the learner completing the course. If you choose Default, the settings will reflect the master settings of Docebo Learning Impact defined with your Solution Deployment Manager. This option is not available for E-learning courses.
Choose whether to activate or deactivate the follow-up evaluation questionnaire sent to learners.
Select the evaluation mode for the course:.
- Confidential mode means nobody in the organization is able to see which respondent has provided a particular answer.
- Nominative mode means you will be able to see which respondent has provided a particular answer.
By default the evaluation mode selected is the one defined in your Learning Impact account. If your account is set up with a nominative default mode, you can force a confidential mode at course level by flagging the corresponding checkbox. Once the confidential mode is enforced for a course, it is not possible to go back to nominative mode.
Once you have completed your selection, press Confirm to finalize your action.
As an option, you can change the properties of multiple courses with a single action with the following steps:
- Flag the checkbox next to the course’s name in the Learning Impact main table
- Click on Choose Action in the bottom right corner of the page, and select Change Properties
- In the slide-out panel, flag Edit Setting in the section you want to change (Instructor Evaluation, Manager Evaluation, Follow-up Questionnaire, Confidential Data)
- Choose between Default, Yes and No. When you choose Default, the settings will reflect the master settings of Docebo Learning Impact.