Docebo has created Docebo Learning Impact that allows you to measure the effectiveness and to prove the impact of learning. As Docebo Learn clients, you need to activate the Docebo Learning Impact app found on your Learn platform. You also have access to the Learning Impact external platform. From your Docebo Learning Impact app, you are able to perform the following actions
- Enable learning impact measurement for a selection of courses
- Manage evaluation properties
- Check reports
Superadmins and Power Users also have access to the Learning Impact external platform. The Learning Impact external platform is separate from the Docebo Learn platform and is dedicated to the learning impact measurement. It will grant you access to additional features.
This article presents how you can, as a Docebo Learn user, access and manage the Learning Impact external platform.
Accessing the Learning Impact External Platform
Use one of the following URLs to connect to the Learning Impact external platform depending on your location or the date you signed up for Docebo Learning Impact:
- If you are a Learn EMEA client and you signed your contract after October 21, 2021 use: http://emea1.learningimpact.docebo.com/s-new-login (opens in a new tab)
- If you are a Learn EMEA client and you signed your contract before October 21, 2021, or a “forMetris” client, use: https://www.formetris.com/s-new-login (opens in a new tab)
- If you are a Learn North American client, use: http://us.learningimpact.docebo.com/s-new-login (opens in a new tab)
- if you are a Learn client and have been involved in the Migration project (you are an ex “forMetris” client and have now signed a Docebo contract), use: http://emea2.learningimpact.docebo.com/s-new-login (opens in a new tab)
You will receive an email with your username that allows you to configure your password.
When configuring your password, remember that the password must:
- be at least 12-character long (for Learn EMEA clients with contracts signed after October 21, 2021 and all Learn North American clients)
- be at least 8-character long (for Learn EMEA clients with contracts signed before October 21, 2021, or “forMetris” clients)
- contain at least one numeric character
- contain at least one lowercase letter
- contain at least one uppercase letter
- contain at least one special character
Once your password is set, use one of the provided URLs to connect to the login page, enter your username and password and click on Connection. In the event you forget your password, click on I forgot my password on the login form. Enter your email address and press Send.
To log out of the platform, click on Log Out in the top right corner of the page.
Managing the Learning Impact External Platform
The Learning Impact external platform gives you access to a number of additional features.
Viewing Session Reports for ILT and VILT Courses
The Learning Impact external platform allows you to view and manage learning evaluation at session level for ILT and VILT courses. Every time you launch an evaluation process for an ILT or VILT session from Docebo Learn, this will generate a Session report available on the Learning Impact external platform.
Customizing the Evaluation Process
From the Learning Impact external platform, you can customize the evaluation process for E-Learning, ILT and VILT courses. Customizing the evaluation process means for every learning evaluation process that you launch for a course, you will be able to:
- Edit the evaluation details. Edit the evaluation details for the course and enable or disable follow-up evaluation
- Edit the survey. Add a new part to the questionnaire, add questions, edit parts of the questions or remove questions.
Using Reporting and Analysis Tools
Two reporting tools are available from Docebo Learn: the Consolidated Report and the Results Comparison. These reports are also available on the Learning Impact external platform as well as a number of other reporting and analysis tools.
You can see all your key evaluation KPIs at a glance by building a custom Dashboard. After you select your relevant criteria, the dashboard will populate with the corresponding widgets.
The Time Evolution tool allows you to monitor the evolution of different ILT or VILT sessions over time. With this tool, you can generate a graph to analyze the performance of a course around a given theme or a given question. The Time Evolution tool is very useful to identify sessions that stand out with an unusually low score.
Response Rate and Alerts
Having a good response rate is key to the success of your evaluation process. This tool allows you to check and compare the response rates of different sessions for ILT and VILT courses. This tool also allows you to check the rate of alerts sent. Alerts can be sent at the respondent’s level and at the session’s level and are set at the time of your onboarding, in agreement with your Solution Deployment Manager. Learn more about Alerts
Using QR codes for Learning Impact
Learning Impact questionnaires are usually sent by email to learners. For ILT and VILT courses, you can also choose to use QR codes. When learners scan the QR code at the end of the session with a mobile device, this will give them direct access to the initial evaluation questionnaire. In addition, you can give learners access to the attendance sheet from the QR code.
The use of QR codes can be activated by your Solution Deployment Manager and will be available for all your ILT/VILT sessions. You can choose to use QR codes for questionnaires only or, as an option for marking attendance and accessing questionnaires. From the Learning Impact external platform, you can retrieve the QR codes for an ILT or VILT session and check the attendance sheet.
Managing Accounts and Parameters
To manage accounts, go to the Account Parameters tab and select Access Rights.
Creating an account
Press on Add Account in the bottom right corner. This will open a pop-up box to add a new account. Fill in the required information:
- Entity. Choose your entity in the drop-down menu
- Level. Choose the level of the account from the drop-down menu:
- Visualization: select this level if you want the user to be able to only read reports
- Edition: select this level if you want the user to be able to edit the settings of courses and sessions when they have the relevant permissions
- Administration: select this level if you want the account to be able to edit any course or session and create other accounts
- Language. Select the default language of the account. The languages currently available are English and French
- Date format. Select the date format for the selected account
Note : You can change the format of the date that is displayed in the Learning Evaluation questionnaires and the emails sent out to participants. For your changes to be effective, you need to change the date format for the selected account and for the Support Account that appears in the Rights & Accounts Management table.
- Login. Define a username for the user. This username will be the username needed to connect to the platform
- First Name and Last Name. Enter the user’s first name and last name
- Email. Enter the user’s email address.
Press Save to create the account. Once you have created the account, it will be listed in the table on the Rights & Accounts Management main page. You can look for a specific account by typing part of the account’s details in the Filter text box on the top right corner of the page.
Editing and Deleting an Account
To edit an existing account, find the account in the table and go to the end of the account’s row. Click on the Edit icon and operate your changes, then press Save.
To delete an existing account, find the account in the table and go to the end of the account’s row. Click on the Delete icon. Please note that you cannot delete your own account.
You can reset an account’s password by clicking on the Reset Password icon at the end of the row. A pop-up box will open asking you if you wish to send a reset password email for the selected account. Press Yes to confirm the action.
The Docebo Integration tab contains the information used for the integration of the Learning Impact app in Docebo Learn. This part is managed by Docebo and we recommend that you do not apply any modification to it.
The xAPI box is used to configure the initial Learning Impact questionnaires as training material. Learn how you can use learning impact questionnaires as training material.
Questions and Answers
How do the Learn platform and the external platform work together?
As of April 27, 2021, Docebo Learning Impact is a fully integrated app within Docebo Learn. From this app, you can enable courses for learning evaluation and edit the evaluation properties.. All these actions take place on the Docebo Learn platform.
From the Docebo Learning Impact app, you can also check the Consolidated Report and the Results Comparison. These two reports are available on the Learning Impact external platform and have been iframed in the Learning Impact app.
For all other features, you need to access the Learning Impact external platform. The two platforms communicate via API.
Are the actions that I perform on the Docebo Learn platform reflected on the Learning Impact external platform?
Only partially. For some actions that you perform on the Learn platform, the changes will reflect on the Learning Impact external platform. This includes the following actions:
- Deleting an ILT or VILT session
- Modifying the dates of an ILT or VILT session
- Unenrolling a learner who completed a course
- Adding or removing an instructor in an ILT or VILT session
The following actions that you perform on the Docebo Learn platform will NOT reflect on the Learning Impact external platform:
- Deleting a course
- Changing the status of a learner from Completed to Suspended.
- Renaminga Course Additional Field. When you rename a course additional field on the Docebo Learn platform for a course where learning evaluation has already been enabled, the corresponding field will not be updated on the Learning Impact external platform. Instead, a new course additional field will be created on the Learning Impact external platform and both the old and the new additional field will be available. To remove the old course additional field and keep the new one instead, please reach out to us using your platform Help Center.
If you want to remove a learner from the learning evaluation process after they have been enrolled because they did not attend the course, for example, you need to unenroll them from the course. Learn more on Enrolling Users into Courses in our Knowledge Base.
Are the actions that I perform on the external platform reflected on the Docebo Learn platform?
No, the actions that you perform on the Learning Impact external platform will not be reflected on the Docebo Learn platform. Therefore, if you need to change your course name or properties, you should do it from the Docebo Learn platform.