As of April 27, 2021, Docebo Learning Impact is a fully integrated app within Docebo Learn. You can activate learning measurement at course level, send questionnaires and check consolidated reports. Check out all our articles to get started with Docebo Learning Impact.
Some additional features are also available for learning measurement. To manage them , you need to access the external Learning Impact platform.
In this article, we will see how you can view and manage learning evaluation reports at session level for ILT (Instructor-Led Training) and VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training) courses from the Docebo Learning Impact external platform.
Checking the Results of a Single Session with the Session Report
When you launch an evaluation process for an ILT or VILT training session from Docebo Learn, this will generate a Session report. More information on how to enable learning impact for courses in Docebo Learn.
The Session Report is available for you to check on the Learning Impact external platform. To do so, access the View Evaluations tab and select Recent Sessions. Find a session using the filters in the left panel as described in the chapter below and press on the Show Session Report icon at the end of the session’s row.
The Session Report displays the results of a single session of an ILT or VILT course. It is made up of a report header and several sections.
In the report header at the top right corner of the page, you will find the following icons, used to access the report options :
- Show list of Respondents. Press this icon to display the list of the users who answered the questionnaire.
- Hide/Display Benchmark. Press this icon to hide/display the Benchmark color-code. The color-code is displayed by default.
- Download. Press this icon to download a PDF version of the report
- Print. Press this icon to print the report.
Additional options are available if you click on the ellipsis icon at the end of the action bar, in the report header:
- French version : displays the report in French
- Export Raw Data : allows you to download a spreadsheet containing all the report data
- Share this Report : this will open a pop-up window allowing you to share the report with anyone from inside or outside your organization. Insert the name and email address of your recipient and select the available options (hide/display benchmark, report language, send report for initial evaluation only or for complete evaluation) from the corresponding drop-down menus , then press Submit to send the report. The recipient will receive an email containing a link to the Session Report. Refer to this article of the Knowledge Base for more details about the rules for sending learning impact evaluation emails.
Use the drop-down menu at the top left corner of the page to navigate the Session Report.
Gives you an overview of the results returned by the questionnaires. This section can contain one or more sections, depending on the properties set for the evaluation and the status of the report at the time you are checking it (after initial questionnaire, after follow-up questionnaire). For every section, results are displayed by default with the Benchmark color code.
- Initial : displays the results returned by the initial questionnaire
- Follow-up : displays the results returned by the follow-up questionnaire
- Manager : displays the results returned by the questionnaire sent to the manager of the learners completing the course
- Trainers : displays the results of the questionnaire sent to the trainer (called Instructor in Docebo Learn) completing the course.
Elements Liked Most/Liked Least
Displays the results to the open questions about the elements that were liked the most and the least by each learner in the session. Please note that if you have chosen your evaluation answers to be confidential, you will not be able to see who has given a specific answer but instead learners will be designated as Learner 1, Learner 2, etc.
Elements that learners expect to use
Displays the answers to the open question : What elements of the course will you be able to use?
Detailed Answers by Question
Displays the detailed answers to the questions included in the questionnaires. Depending on the evaluation properties and the status of the report at the time you are checking it, you can find tabs on the right side of this section allowing you to navigate between the detailed answers for initial questionnaire, follow-up questionnaire, trainer’s questionnaire and manager’s questionnaire.
Remember the Session report displays results about a single session of an ILT or VILT session. If you want to analyze the results of multiple sessions or multiple courses, you need to use the Consolidated Report. The Consolidated Report can be accessed both from Docebo Learn and from the Learning Impact external platform.
Currently, Session Reports are only available on the Learning Impact external platform and cannot be accessed from Docebo Learn. Please note that you will not receive any notification when your Session Report is available. The Session Report is available on the Learning Impact external platform as soon as there is one respondent (for non-confidential questionnaires) or two respondents (for confidential questionnaires). If you have enabled Instructor Evaluation, a notification will be sent to Instructors by email when the report is available for them to check.
Monitoring the Evaluation Process on the Learning Impact Platform
The Learning Impact external platform allows you to precisely monitor the status of the questionnaires that are sent when you enable learning evaluation for courses on your Docebo Learn.
Go to the View Evaluations tab from the Learning Impact home page and select Recent Sessions to see the sessions for which you have enabled learning evaluation.
Using Filters to Select Sessions
Use the filters in the left panel to find the sessions you are looking for. The following options are available:
- Trainings. Select the courses you want to display in the table from the drop-down menu. Leave the All trainings value if you want to display all courses. Training refers to Course on the Learn platform.
- Trainers. If you want to focus on specific trainers, select them from the drop-down menu. Leave the All trainers value if you want to display all trainers. Trainer refers to the Instructor on the Learn platform.
- Training companies. If you want to focus on specific training companies, select them from the drop-down menu. Leave the All training companies value if you want to display all training companies. If this field is not relevant for you, simply leave the default option All Training Companies.
- Fields. If you want to focus on a specific area, select it from the drop-down menu. For example, select Management to list Management courses only. Leave the All fields value if you want to display all courses from all areas.
- Start Date and End Date. Select a date using the calendar items. Only courses within this date range will be listed.
- Perimeter. Select the entity from which you wish to view the information. This field can be useful if you have more than one instance connected to the same account. If this field is not relevant for you, simply leave the default value All entities.
- All sessions. You can choose to display all of the sessions, the sessions with evaluation only or the sessions without evaluation only.
- Recent sessions. By default, this page displays the recent sessions (sessions whose end date go from one month before today to one month after today) but you can display the older sessions by choosing Older Sessions in the drop-down menu.
You can choose to view additional filters by expanding the list clicking on More Filters (this will display course or learner custom filters defined specifically for your account)
Once you have selected all your filters, press View Sessions.
In each session’s row, you will be able to see the details of the session and the status of the evaluation (Initial evaluation in progress, Initial evaluation finished, Follow-up evaluation in progress, Evaluation finished). You can switch the Detailed display toggle in the left panel to display additional columns in the table:
- Initial answer rate
- Follow-up evaluation
- Managers feedback
Displaying the List of Respondents and Managing Invitations
Select the Show List of Respondents icon to monitor the response rate. A table will display all the individual participants (including learners, managers and trainers) and whether they have responded to the questionnaire or not. You can print this list by clicking on the print icon in the top right corner of the page.
The learning evaluation questionnaires are sent out automatically to learners once the learner course completion is recorded, but the Learning Impact external platform also allows you to manually send out questionnaires. If you need more respondents to answer the questionnaire or if you want to accelerate the process, you can send out a questionnaire to the users that have not yet answered from the Respondent’s list main page. Select the users that you want to send the questionnaire to and confirm your action by clicking on Send Invitations.