DEPRECATION NOTE: The Docebo for Stripe Standard Integration reached its End of Support on July 31, 2022, and its End of Life on November 30, 2022.
The Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) payment gateway is an authorized payment gateway on your platform.
Docebo only integrates with Stripe SCA, which is compliant with all of the International credit card circuits and with the European regulatory requirement to reduce fraud and make online payments more secure. Learn more on Stripe SCA (opens in a new tab).
Please Note! Stripe SCA manages the automated tax calculation via Stripe Tax (opens in a new tab). The support of Stripe Tax in Docebo is available on demand. For more details contact Docebo via the Help Center or through your Account Manager, if your plan includes this option. Learn more about configuring Stripe Tax in Docebo.
Requirements & Limitations
- Configuring Stripe SCA in Docebo Learn requires that the E-Commerce app is activated on your platform.
- Some currencies supported by Docebo may not be accepted by Stripe, so remember to check if your currency is supported by both systems before proceeding. Check out the complete list of the currencies supported by Docebo.
- When working with the Extended Enterprise, configure the settings of Stripe in the root domain. If some domains require a different configuration, apply the configuration locally, in the E-Commerce tab of the Extended Enterprise app.
Activating Stripe in Your Platform
Activate the Payment Method - Stripe SCA app as described in the Managing Apps & Features article of the Knowledge Base. The app is listed in the Third Party Integrations tab.
Configuring Stripe SCA in Docebo
In order to configure Stripe SCA in Docebo, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner and select the Manage option in the Payment Method - Stripe SCA section. Activate the Enable Stripe payment gateway toggle to enable this payment gateway in your platform.
Select the Use the real environment option and insert your Stripe account email, Live Secret Key, and Live Publishable Key into the corresponding text boxes. In order to retrieve this information, access your Admin account in your Stripe Dashboard (opens in a new tab), then select the Developers tab on the top right corner, and select API Keys tab.
The publishable key and the secret key are available in the Standard Keys section. If you need help finding this information, refer to Stripe’s support area (opens in a new tab).
Copy those values in the corresponding fields of the Payment Method - Stripe SCA page in Docebo and press Save Changes to finalize the configuration.
In the Payment Method - Stripe SCA page in Docebo, you can select the option to use a Sandbox instead of the live environment to perform any necessary testing. When this option is enabled, none of the payment operations will be billed to any account. In order to use the sandbox option, please fill the Test Secret Key and the Test Publishable Key fields that are displayed when the option is selected.
Deprecation of Stripe Standard for Subscriptions App Users
Docebo has scheduled the End of Life date for the Stripe Standard integration on November 30, 2022, in favor of the more secure Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) (opens in a new tab) solution.
If you have the Stripe integration activated in conjunction with the Subscription app in your Docebo platform and you have configured Stripe Standard as the payment gateway for the automatic renewal of your subscriptions, migrating to Stripe SCA will require your users to re-execute the payment by filling in all of the required fields the first time the renewal is carried out.
This update requires effort for you and your users, so, in order to make sure that your renewal payments are safely processed:
- your Stripe Standard accounts will be kept active even after November 30, 2022
- after November 30, 2022, you will only be able to create new accounts with Stripe SCA
- you still need to plan your migration to Stripe SCA as soon as possible
You will keep receiving your payments even before upgrading to Stripe SCA.
Please pay attention to the following notes when integrating Stripe into your platform:
- When a user buys content using Stripe as a payment method, that user will be registered as a customer in Stripe and you will find their details in your Stripe Admin Dashboard.
- To complete the purchase, please note that the following data is mandatory: Address, City, and Country. If automatic tax collection is enabled (such as with Stripe Tax), the following data is mandatory: Address, City, Country, State/Province/Region, and ZIP/Postal code.
- The process for setting up the Stripe SCA configuration in your platform is identical when using either a single domain or Docebo’s Extended Enterprise functionality.