DEPRECATION NOTE: The Docebo for Stripe Standard Integration reached its End of Support on July 31, 2022, and its End of Life on November 30, 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Both Stripe Standard and Stripe SCA manage the automated tax calculation via Stripe Tax (opens in a new tab), which is currently not supported by Docebo. Learn more on the Stripe Knowledge Base (opens in a new tab).
The Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) payment gateway is an authorized payment gateway on your platform.
Docebo only integrates with Stripe SCA, which is compliant with all of the International credit card circuits and with the European regulatory requirement to reduce fraud and make online payments more secure. Learn more on Stripe SCA (opens in a new window).
Requirements & Limitations
- Configuring Stripe SCA in Docebo Learn requires that the E-Commerce app is activated on your platform.
- Some currencies supported by Docebo may not be accepted by Stripe, so remember to check if your currency is supported by both systems before proceeding. Check out the complete list of the currencies supported by Docebo.
Activating Stripe in Your Platform
Activate the Payment Method - Stripe SCA app as described in the Managing Apps & Features article of the Knowledge Base. The app is listed in the Third Party Integrations tab.
Configuring Stripe SCA in Docebo
In order to configure Stripe SCA in Docebo, log into your platform as the Superadmin, then access the Admin Menu from the gear icon in the top right corner and select the Manage option in the Payment Method - Stripe SCA section. Activate the Enable Stripe payment gateway toggle to enable this payment gateway in your platform.
Insert your Stripe account email, Live Secret Key, and Live Publishable Key into the corresponding text boxes. In order to retrieve this information, access your Admin account in your Stripe Dashboard (opens in a new tab), then select the Developers tab on the top right corner, and select API Keys from the left menu.
The publishable key and the secret key are available in the Standard Key section. If you need help finding this information, refer to Stripe’s support area (opens in a new tab).
In the Stripe SCA configuration page in Docebo, you can select the option to use a Sandbox instead of the live environment to perform any necessary testing. In this testing phase, none of the payment operations will be billed to any account. In order to use the sandbox option, please fill the secret key and the publishable key fields that appear below the option, when flagged. Press Save Changes to finalize the configuration.
Deprecation of Stripe Standard for Subscriptions App Users
Docebo has scheduled the End of Life date for the Stripe Standard integration on November 30, 2022, in favor of the more secure Stripe Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) (opens in a new tab) solution.
If you have the Stripe integration activated in conjunction with the Subscription app in your Docebo platform and you have configured Stripe Standard as the payment gateway for the automatic renewal of your subscriptions, migrating to Stripe SCA will require your users to re-execute the payment by filling in all of the required fields the first time the renewal is carried out.
This update requires effort for you and your users, so, in order to make sure that your renewal payments are safely processed:
- your Stripe Standard accounts will be kept active even after November 30, 2022
- after November 30, 2022, you will only be able to create new accounts with Stripe SCA
- you still need to plan your migration to Stripe SCA as soon as possible
You will keep receiving your payments even before upgrading to Stripe SCA.
Please pay attention to the following notes when integrating Stripe in your platform:
- Every time a user buys a course in your platform using Stripe as a payment method, that user will be registered as a customer in Stripe. You can find customer information in your Stripe Admin Dashboard. When a buyer is purchasing a course in the platform, State, Zip Code, and Address are mandatory.
- The process for setting up the Stripe SCA configuration in your platform is identical when using either a single domain or Docebo’s Extended Enterprise functionality.